Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Same letter names...

We named dd a "J" name, because it is a family name that we both loved, and with ds, we had a very hard time coming up with boy names... and it so randomly ended up that the name we chose is a "J" name as well. We really weren't wanting them to be both same letter names, it just ended up that way, fine. Well, now that we are having #3, do we just pick any name (given we love it)... or should we stick with "J" names? Part of me wants something different, because I like other names too, but will the baby feel left out or something? Any thoughts or suggestions mama's?

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Same letter names...

Pick a name you like, who cares what it starts with!

My aunt's kids are Tamie, Trisha, Timothy, Tara and the dog was Toby..... it was so confusing, no one ever got called the right name!
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michelle Duggar, is that you?

DD is an S name, and the girl name we had picked for DS (who's a J) was an S too. DH's brother's kids are both Cs, and his sister's kids were all E except the last one, who's an I. None of it was planned. I do know a huge family that all had L names, and it was planned. I'm saying all this to say, do whatever you want, if you agree on a name you love, use it!

I am trying to pressure my friend to name her next LO an H name, because her family's initials in order from the husband down are DEFG.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Mommy9
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have Codi, Caleb, Christopher, Cierra ,Carter, Cadee, Caden, Courtnee,Canon! It is fun! We started out just kike you Codi,liked it. Caled, liked it. The next one had to be a C.We love it.
Mommy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have two A girls not on purpose either. If I have another girl I think she must have an A name or she will feel left out..silly I know! If I have a boy I won't really care though.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Eh, pick what you like. If it happens to have a 'J' than fine, but don't feel like you have to keep up the 'J' names. A friend of my aunt's happened to pick two 'C' names by chance and then felt obligated to pick a 'C' for her last (and only DD actually). She actually didn't even really like the name, but it was the best for 'C' for her. It seemed silly to me to name your child something you didn't really like just because it started with a certain letter.
(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
theirmommy5428
Registered Users

My 3 older sisters all have 5 letter "K" first names and 3 letter "L" middle names. It was pure coincidence. I have "CJ" innitials and I can honestly say I have never felt left out, I didn't even realize it until I was probably 13 or 14 and was sitting down one day and was like woah. If anything it makes me feel more unique because I'm the one who got the different name
theirmommy5428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
jujusmommy
Registered Users
Formerly: catherine**ne

My Mood:

Mine is worse...DH insisted we stick with the first name starting with J...and that due to his family's tradition of the middle name beginning with E, all of our kids have JE names. I have a girls name picked out for this baby, but I have no boys names...
Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
Stoffmaus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have S, S, J, J, M, S, M, J. This baby will be a M, just so it's even. I have a thing for numbers.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #10
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, the baby will not feel left out. The baby won't care. If you're like us, 90% of the time you won't even call the baby by baby's name but some cute nickname.
The child isn't going to even notice until around kindergarten or later. At that point you could just say, we could have named you (pick crazy J name), but decided (non-crazy different letter name) was better!