Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Same letter names...

Mine aren't the same letters, but they all start with vowels so this 4th one will too. :-) I'm hoping for another "O" name or an "E" since we already have 2 "A"s.

Advertisement

Jessica ~ wife to Jeff 11/9/02 and SAH, HSing, CDing, Jesus Loving mommy to my 5 sweeties, Olivia Grace 8/20/05 , Austin Jeffrey 4/24/07 , Abigail Lynn 4/9/09 , Owen Rodney 5/17/11 , and Wyatt Stanley 6/21/13
Mommyof2Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
MyLovely
Registered Users

I actually wondered this. I also worry about getting Duggar comments. By complete chance, my boy name is Alexei and my girl name is Ariella. If I ever had a second girl, I'd want to name her Alice. However, my other favorite boy's name is Hollis. Therefore, I'm all A's unless I had a second boy, in which case he'd be left out. I think it's cheesy, but you can't help your favorite names!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

My girls have the same initials. When/ if I have another, that baby will have the same initials too. I really like things to match. So, with that in mind, I couldn't in good conscience recommend that you name your next child anything but a "J" name... because then it wouldn't match, and that would be uncool.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister and I have names that start with the same letter and my brothers name starts with a different letter. It is a non issue. He could care less about it. I don't really give much thought to letters. I did have names that I liked that started with the same letter as my other two and it wasn't a deciding factor in whether I choose it or not. I just pick names I love of similar style but don't follow any letter or sound rules.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
RoseMarie
Registered Users

Are you planning to have any more kids after this one? If so, you could give this baby and future babes non-J names and I doubt anyone would feel left out.

My husband and I are both L's and everyone expected us to go with L names for our nuggets.. NOT for me
RoseMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

we were in this situation when i was pg with #3 (almost exactly!). my dh felt like we HAD to name #3 an E name. I just happened to fall in love with the name Elianna (and was it very special since she was named after my grandmother who passed), so we have all E's. i always joke that yes, we are one of "those" families :P i didn't even realize until after the youngest was born that they all have 7 letters
so, if we DO have another one, i feel like we'll have to name him/her a 7 letter E name
good luck with your decision!
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMarie View Post
Are you planning to have any more kids after this one? If so, you could give this baby and future babes non-J names and I doubt anyone would feel left out.

My husband and I are both L's and everyone expected us to go with L names for our nuggets.. NOT for me
This is the last one!! But of course that what I said after #2... but I mean it this time!!!!

I think one of the hardest parts of being pregnant is deciding on a name, I am not one of those who can have the baby, get to know them, then decide (although a good idea)... you want it to fit perfect, but such a hard thing to choose!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralynnel View Post
we were in this situation when i was pg with #3 (almost exactly!). my dh felt like we HAD to name #3 an E name. I just happened to fall in love with the name Elianna (and was it very special since she was named after my grandmother who passed), so we have all E's. i always joke that yes, we are one of "those" families :P i didn't even realize until after the youngest was born that they all have 7 letters
so, if we DO have another one, i feel like we'll have to name him/her a 7 letter E name
good luck with your decision!
Evelynn and Elliott. LOL. If you are taking suggestions. Though I baby-sat for a girl Elliott once also so I guess that one could go either way!

I say go with a J name. Jessi/Jesse rocks and works for either gender. I would be honored to be your inspiration.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #19
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Hi Kerri! *waves*

both your kids have great names! I say go with whatever you love, whether it's another J or not!

Hope we see you guys again soon!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #20
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

I was in your exact situation when pregnant with #3. I think two chidlren with the same letter name does not make a trend, but three children does. No one ever commented when I had just two kids and they both started with A, but many people have commented now that I have three.

I don't like the comments, don't like the idea of choosing all the same letter names in a family. I actively DISLIKE it. But I did it. Kid #3's name was the favorite of both DH and I, and we went with it. We had a harder time picking a girl name (we didn't find out gender so needed a boy and a girl name), so for that, when inspiration was lacking and I had to actively look for names, I refused to consider any A names.

If I had a surprise fourth child, I would refuse to consider all A names. That might make a fourth feel left out and different, and I'd probably get just as many comments about why not a fourth A name, but I just couldn't take all 4 kids having the same letter name. Everyone would still survive.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote