Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I need advice

Ok so a few months ago I wanted to start PLing and it just didnt seem right so we waited. We kept a potty out so the boys could play on it but not really actively encouraging it. Well on Monday G randomly went into the bothroom pulled down his pants and peed in thee potty WOW, I about died I was so excited. So all day at daycare he still peed in the diaper but when we got home I put him in trainers (gerber) and he went again. It was awesome! So then the next day neither of them peed but on Wednesday we had a pee fest after daycare. They each peed 10 times! My son D for the first time!

So they seem obsessed with the whole process, peeing, dumping in the toilet and then getting a sticker for their chart so they go just a little at a time again and again (10 times in 2 hours to be exact). We plan on doing the 'three day method' this weekend since they obviously know how to start and stop and they run to the bathroom when they need to go. My question is: Is that normal? The whole peeing a little bit a bunch of times at first? Will they quickly start just going all the time normally: At school, not going over and over? I know this can be a long process but I am worried about taking them to daycare since they have yet to go while they are there. Their daycare makes me send them in pullups/diapers.

My fear is that this weekend we are really successful and then monday what should I do? Send them in trainers with a bunch of extra clothes just in case??

Advertisement

Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
carneybabies
Registered Users

Re: I need advice

I don't know how normal it is, but my lo does the same thing. She's been pt'ing for a couple wks and it seems to be mellowing out a little so I think they just start going normal so to speak. I figure if nothing else it will give them better bladder control. I think they do it for more rewards but I don't want to discourage her from going so for now I just go with it.
carneybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need advice

I have been doing the same. I guess the novelty will wear off it's just SO much work with twins... I swear I have washed hands like 30 times today lol! I am so glad to hear that is what other kiddos do too
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote