Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Moving To Round Rock in TWO weeks! ACK

Well excitement has turned to stress!
My fiance has gotten a job near the Round Rock area so that's where we are going (from New Mexico). We need to rent an apartment, preferably a short term 3 month lease.
I started searching the apartment search websites but it's so overwhelming and they cant tell you what places are safe and which have noisy upstair neighbors.

So my next step is to contact an apartment locator place.
We wont even be able to visit the complexes before we move in!
Its been years since either one of us has lived in an apartment.
It's hard enough to worry about packing and traveling 13+ hours with a cat and dog, 7yo, and me being 6months pregnant. But we have to make sure we have some place safe to land once we get there.

We are looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath in the $1000-1300 price range, any rental specials/discounts would be so helpful, especially with two pets!
I have a cousin in Round Rock I plan on talking to but they live in a house so I dont think theyd really know much about the apartments.

So Im sorta freaked out at the moment.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would appreciate it!
I am really worried and my anxiety is pretty high right now, w/all the things that needs to be done.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving To Round Rock in TWO weeks! ACK

RR is awesome. Also look in Hutto which is pretty close, you might be able to find something decent under your price range. Could you look at houses to rent for the time being too??
I don't know too much about the area. I used to work in RR when we lived in Austin, but we now live in Houston.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
theycallmemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just in Round Rock over the weekend, and they have a great cloth diaper store called Tiny Birds Organic Baby. They also have a website where everything is shipped for free. Round Rock is a nice place, I hope you enjoy!
theycallmemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
listalees
Registered Users
seller

I used an apartment locator when we moved to Austin. His name was Travis Meador and he was very nice. He came up with 16 different options, initially 6 and then more and more based on our feedback on what we wanted. He sent tons of pictures of each place, inside and out and was really patient.
I know how stressful it is to move when pregnant, I was 7 months pregnant when we moved and not being able to look at the apartments compounded my stress. Especially in a place like Austin, craigslist is wayyyyy to overwhelming. Just let an apartment locator do the work for you.
Good look.
listalees is offline   Reply With Quote