Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
LittleFreeRadical
Registered Users

My Mood:
Xmas gifts for an Infant

Just curious... what do other people do for gifts for a baby under age 1???
Somehow I suspect my child will be more interested in the wrapping paper then new toys! She'll be almost 6 months...

Advertisement

X-mas shopping for deals at: The Mini Social, Zulily, and Totsy!!!
Get 15% your first Cloth Diaper order at Diapers.com with code CRUNCHYMOM
LittleFreeRadical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
yogababes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Xmas gifts for an Infant

ooo 6 months is FUN!! you get get her a "Sophie" for her"big" gift... a new blankie (lovie), some books, new pacifiers (if you use them)... hand toys (wooden/ teething toys)... My DD who is now 2 was 6 months for her first xmas, these are the types of things we got for her (and not very many) just enough for everyone to have fun with it! now 2 months old?? that was a little less fun (my DS)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My nephew will be around that age and I just bought him a Sophie, but plan on giving it to him before then. I also love giving clothes, books (he already loves books) and music cd's since he's in the car quite a bit.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

6M is a great age, I would look at toys that say 9M and up and then you just have them on hand for when LO gets to that stage. Just remember you aren't going to get much of a reaction from your LO. My oldest was 9M for her 1st Christmas and I was so excited about what I got her and she didn't even care. LOL. She liked the Christmas tree the best.
MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of my kiddos liked the wrapping the best. So after the first one...we got things like baby food, diapers, wipes, baby wash, etc!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

This is when you get that really cute diaper that you've been eyeing but haven't been able to justify.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd was 6 months old for her first Christmas too. She had enough of what she "needed" for right then, so we looked ahead a few months. We bought her this:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2265260

And my parents bought her the Fisher Price jungle ball thingy, I can't find it a link right now. Dd loved both toys right away. She could sit on the floor by them to play with the toys towards the bottom and crawl through the door. By the time she was 8 months old, she was cruisin' around the jungle ball thing and could activate all the different aspects of it.

You're right, she was initially more interested in the boxes and paper. But once we put the toys all together, she was excited about them too.

We got stacking cups and sensory balls for her stocking. And a few bath toys. Shopping that year was the most fun I ever had Christmas shopping!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD was 6 months, almost 7 months for her first Christmas. She got a taggie blanket, a soft doll, a wood ring stacker from Ikea , fisher price nesting cubes/animals from my sister, some board books & waterproof books for the tub, and clothes. Her stocking had a sippy cup & either cheerios or gerber puffs or something small like that, plus a small-ish rubber ball.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my kiddos were 6-8 months at their first Christmas, and each had a blast! They would get sippy cups with their names on them, soft blocks, blankets, stacking toys, little rattles, and a couple of things for when they were older (ride on toys, and push or pull toys for walking). My parents got DS his Radio Flyer Wagon for his first Christmas, and DD got a ride-on toy for hers.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm buying our 4 1/2 month old (at Christmas) 2 new Grovia prints, a couple of board books, and I made her felt stocking, so she'll get that, too.
badmisterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote