Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
HELP! I have 2 have my gall bladder out, I co sleep & ebf!!

ok.. had a major gall bladder attack today and my DH and mom took me to the ER. turns out gall stones are very common after pregnancy even more common after the birth of a girl.. anyway.. I have NO stash built up. I know I'll need at the very least two days worth of milk BUT my issue is we co sleep and she stays on the boob pretty much all night. I don't even know where to start. suggestions, advice, whatever you got. bring it ladies.

Advertisement

L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: HELP! I have 2 have my gall bladder out, I co sleep & ebf!!

I was able to my EBF 6mo right before and right after surgery. DH brought her to the hospital with us...he was getting ready to give her a bottle when they brought me to recovery. As soon as you're awake enough to hold her, you can nurse her. I told every nurse and every doctor that touched me that I was going to nurse her as soon as I was out of surgery, so they knew which drugs to give me. If your surgeon won't agree to it, find someone else who will. By the time you're awake enough to hold her, the anesthesia is mostly out of your system. The minute amount left will barely make your baby a little sleepy and possibly a little gassy.

I wanted to add that I was up the evening after my surgery washing dishes. I co-slept with my kids that night, and was out at the local Ren Faire the next day. The hardest part was positioning the baby to nurse since she was laying right on my top incision. PM if I can be of any help.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling

Last edited by Heather8183; 10-19-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather8183 View Post
I was able to my EBF 6mo right before and right after surgery. DH brought her to the hospital with us...he was getting ready to give her a bottle when they brought me to recovery. As soon as you're awake enough to hold her, you can nurse her. I told every nurse and every doctor that touched me that I was going to nurse her as soon as I was out of surgery, so they knew which drugs to give me. If your surgeon won't agree to it, find someone else who will. By the time you're awake enough to hold her, the anesthesia is mostly out of your system. The minute amount left will barely make your baby a little sleepy and possibly a little gassy.

I wanted to add that I was up the evening after my surgery washing dishes. I co-slept with my kids that night, and was out at the local Ren Faire the next day. The hardest part was positioning the baby to nurse since she was laying right on my top incision. PM if I can be of any help.
omgshhhh you have made me feel so much better. the last person in my family was in 2000 and it was a 6 week recovery then. thank you so much
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had mine out while I was 7 months pregnant with DD and still nursing & co-sleeping with DS1. The anesthesiologist just gave me certain safe drugs and I was good to start nursing as soon as I was awake.

Since I was pregnant I had to stay over night after, DS1 stayed and slept with me.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calideedle View Post
I had mine out while I was 7 months pregnant with DD and still nursing & co-sleeping with DS1. The anesthesiologist just gave me certain safe drugs and I was good to start nursing as soon as I was awake.

Since I was pregnant I had to stay over night after, DS1 stayed and slept with me.
omgshhh wow.. this surgery really has come a long way. how did you sleep with a baby in a hospital bed? lol! I just tried to bf twice while at the hospital on a very narrow gurnee and it was pretty tough.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had mine out 3 days after delivering DS3. He was in the NICU so I pumped and dumped 24 hours for my own piece of mind. I was up and down to see him 12 hours after surgery. Recovery was easy peasy with the exception of some intense suture pain due to a super due suture for bleeding for about a week whenever I got to a specific angle of bending over. I could have coslept and EBF'd the night of surgery with no trouble. GL mama!
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
omgshhh wow.. this surgery really has come a long way. how did you sleep with a baby in a hospital bed? lol! I just tried to bf twice while at the hospital on a very narrow gurnee and it was pretty tough.
Perhaps your 6 week recovery experience was from open gallbladder removal surgery. This is what I was told as a worst case scenario by my surgeon. Fortunately I was a candidate for laprascopic removal surgery. This recovery is fairly minor. You will have an incision in the belly button where they remove the gallbladder and several smaller incisions about your abdomen on the right side where they insert various tools during surgery. I will recommend you avoid ruffage like greens and salad and fatty, fried things for several days after surgery.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #8
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
Lol, I don't know but I co-slept in the hospital with all 3 of mine when they were born. I had more than enough room.