Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else bothered by frequent movement?

All I seem to hear from my pregnant friends is how wonderful and magical it is when they feel their baby move, how they sit and giggle and marvel at the miracle of life, and it makes me want. to. scream.

Because I have been feeling this little one move for a good two months now. I'm over it. And I don't know if she moves more than average or if I am just more aware of it than I was when I was pregnant with DD but I can feel everything. Every flutter and twitch and thrash. I feel bad saying this but it bothers me. It's frustrating, it hurts sometimes, it messes with my digestion, it keeps me awake. I wasn't one of those post partum moms who missed the feeling of my first baby moving and I can NOT wait until this baby is born and I don't have to deal with it any more.

Am I a total jerk?

Advertisement

Last edited by lostiejen; 10-20-2010 at 10:15 AM.
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
twinmomma07
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else bothered by frequent movement?

No, you are NOT a jerk!

This baby is definitely moving more than my last three--even the twins! Her movement was making things pretty uncomfortable last night and thus I feel your pain, lol...

Just a few month months, plus it will get more cramped in there so the crazy painful movements should subside...
twinmomma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes! My little guy moves constantly and it is very annoying, he moves even more at night and keeps me awake. I seriously wonder what in the world he is doing, it feels like arms and hands just flailing around all the time. This is my 5th and I have never had one this active.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This one is very active! Usually it doesn't bother me, but I definitely have moments when I look down and ask, "What the heck are you doing? Please cut that out!" I also didn't miss feeling my DD after she was born, I was so glad to have my body back to myself Now I feel bad, lol, I didn't know this was something some people missed
(¸.•´ (¸.*´ ¸.•´
`•-*Brigette¸.•*¨`.¸:’*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I know exactly what you are talking about! I just had my first baby 6 months ago and everyone would always tell me how much they looooooooved the moving and kicking. I did not like it one bit. Honestly, it creeped me out a little. I liked the reassurance that he was alive and apparently healthy, but thats it.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
buttercups0147
Registered Users

I feel the same way! I'm almost 33 weeks and have been feeling him since 14 weeks (just a little) and daily since 16 weeks. He's super active and kept me up a lot of nights. Thankfully, he's running out of room and moving a little less once he finds a comfy spots. I thoroughly prefer the squirms to the all out punches I was getting. There is hope for a little sleep in your future!

Though I do have one complaint. Although he is REALLY low and his head rarely moves except left to right now, somehow this little guy has figured out how to get his hand down there and play around with my cervix... I feel a little violated getting felt up by my own kid...lol!
buttercups0147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, mamas. I am so glad I'm not the only one. My SIL is a couple of weeks behind me in her pregnancy and she spent a whole month freaking out and being upset because, even though she had seen it on the u/s, she hadn't felt her baby moving yet. I was like, "Why are you complaining? You're so lucky!" And then she and my MIL would just look at me like I'm crazy.

I am super excited to have the baby. I can NOT wait for her to get here. I just much prefer babies to hang out on the outside of my body. The inside is a little uncomfortable.
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel ya, mama! I am going to be 40 weeks in two days and he STILL moves so much.... I started feeling movement at 15 weeks with this little guy! I like to feel him move around a bit a few times a day just to make sure he is okay, but he moves CONSTANTLY and he is really strong. It feels like being in a bumpy car ride he wiggles and jostles me enough that I am actually being bumped around in my seat. Can't wait to get this kid outta me!

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lol yes it bugs me a lot, and then if he doesn't move enough that worries me. Sometimes it even hurts when he moves, I swear sometimes I think he wants to crawl out through my ribs.

The movement can be fun but it's kind of taboo to talk about how annoying it can be I think. It doesn't bug me all the time but sometimes it really does especially when I am doing something I don't really want a baby involved in lol.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant- The Doctor
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

God you took the words out of my mouth. I was just telling my friend, i feel like i'm going to puke sometimes when it moves. I think nature should make it so you only have to feel it moving for the last 4 weeks max. Once i started feeling painful movement i'm pretty much ready for the baby to come and done being pregnant.

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote