Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Re: How did you decide whether to have your LOs present for your unmedicated birth?

We are having a family member over, who generally cares for our kids and wants to see the birth if possable, be here to take them IF they cant handle it. If not the kids, her an the MW will be the only others here for the birth. Which is TOTALLY opposite of what i am used to with my family. we usually have 10people all around for each birth in the family. We want to have it be a bit more intimate this time around. Can a family member come and take the kids else where or entertain them while you birth? The family member we have is "on call" for anytime of the day or night

Advertisement

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you decide whether to have your LOs present for your unmedicated birth?

my dd is the same age as your youngest and i am very similar to you in labor...well at least once transition hits...and once 10cm came along the f word flew a few times...ha ha...but i think as long as you have someone who can take them away if they are making your work harder then let them have the option. We made sure she knew there would be blood/mess/crying/screaming and all the other stuff that comes with having a baby, and ironically, even though i was a very loud moaner and even screamer there at the end, she slept through all of it (born at 4am)...and came in at 5 when all was mostly clean/calm. Figures. Best wishes!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you have someone plan to be there to take your other LO, but stay around if LO is doing okay?
(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Well, this is sort of our problem, we live an hour from family, and my last birth was an hour and a half. So, I need to make plans in advance if I am going to have someone come get our LOs.

I wonder if I could just wait and see what time of day it is. If it's the middle of the night, I wonder if they would even hear me...
even if you do want them present should still have someone their to watch them get them food ect .

my dd was 4 when her bro was born was there through it all and my ds was 3 when his bro was born he loves blood and all that and was fascinated when the midwife showed him the placenta

i guess its about how you feel and how your children will feel
mine just go around the house and like to be their for the actual birth
i have a 2 year old now we will see how he does but if he gets fussy or anything will have someone to comfort him and play w/ him elsewhere in the house
ive posted these before but really they show the love and happiness that a family feel together on such a special day
my dd 9

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
One thing to consider too is if having your kids there and you holding back might make you irritable. My kids have always been in the house but never in the room for the actual delivery. But they aren't easily frightened and have never seemed bothered by my noises which are cow like. lol
This is me
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Our DD is 3 1/2 years. I would never think to not have her present for our birth. We are having a home birth this time. We will have a very close friend that is her person for my labor and the birth. I want her to be present as much as she wants, or as little. Our close friend will be staying with us and can give her the attention and support she needs while DH is tending to me!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you had your ultrasound yet? You might start by having kiddo go to the ultrasound and see how he/she reacts. My DFS (18 months at the time) freaked out when I had a pap smear (I didn't have any other option but to take him in a stroller to the appontment--due to special needs, he can't stay with a sitter).
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #18
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted DS1 to see his little brother be born. I knew he would be ok with seeing it because we have watched several birth videos together, and I am very open with talking about pregnancy, birth, etc. However, DS2 was born at 1:50 am so DS1 was sleeping. But I do hope they both can see their next brother/sister be born whenever that will be.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
jgc920
Registered Users

My Mood:

nak~
with my 2nd birth, i had planned for a friend to come and stay with DS1 (who was just a few months over 2) and take him if he needed to leave. when she got there, *i* needed him to leave. i literally went to my knees as the door shut behind them and DS2 was born 25 minutes later.

with DD, DS1 (now 6) actually said that he didn't want to see the baby being born (even though he loves looking at birth pics and his birth video), so i had people on call to take the boys. DD ended up coming while they were asleep though, which worked out really nicely and had actually been my ideal. DS1 woke up about 45 minutes after she came and DS2 a little bit later. the downside was that she was born at 12:27 AM, and those super excited brothers never went back to sleep! :P
jgc920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm hesitant to have DD there, but DH is insisting that she be there. He doesn't insist on much, but this is the one thing he has really refused to budge on. We will have two adults present so that there is someone who can dedicate their attention to DD when needed and can take her out of the room if she freaks. I'm just hoping it all goes smoothly.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote