Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need EASY slow cooker recipes!

Hmmm...let's see!

Pot Roast:

Rump roast
Can of crm mush
pkt of dry onion soup mix
can or two of water
potatoes (i cut in half or leave whole)
chunks of carrots

Cook on low all day.

BBQ Chicken

Frozen chicken breasts (I usually use 4-5)
I bottle Sweet Baby Rays
1 bottle KC Masterpiece

Throw it in, cook on low all day, shred when you get home and serve on buns/rolls (or if you're a celiac like me, eat plain! LOL!)

I have more, lemme think....

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Italian Chicken

6-8 frozen chicken breast
1 envie italian spaghetti sauce dry mix (I use kroger brand)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 small can tomato paste

Cook and serve over pasta.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Excellent ideas mamas thanks! I know there are TONS of recipes out there, but I have such a hard time finding *simple* ones. Can't wait to try these out!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
c/dlover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

3 ingredients and you done

well 4 with the meat.
i brown the bisket meat before to toss it in the slow cooker
add- italian dressing 1/2 cup or eyeball it
- lipton dry onion dip sesoning like half the package or season to taste
- soy sauce like 1/4 cup

and let it sit untill you get home. some times ill switch out the onion dip sesoning and actually make it fresh if i have time like fresh mushrooms,tomatoes carrots.

and before i leave in the morning make the rice in the rice cooker

it one of my favorite brisket entrees. then if your out of rice i make sammys w/ mayo
Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
smshook
Registered Users

here is another really great recipe that I make a couple times a year! it's really yummy, and makes a lot so we can eat it a few meals.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Ingredients
1 onion, chopped 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans 1 (15 ounce) can black beans 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts shredded Cheddar cheese (optional) sour cream (optional) crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Directions
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

This recipe from Allrecipe.com
smshook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #16
Olivias Momma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pulled Pork:
throw a Boneless pork roast, bottle of BBQ sauce, chopped onions and garlic in to the crockpot on low 6-8 hours.

I usually put the sauce on the stove to boil to thicken it. Shred the pork, then serve with sauce on rolls

Crockpot pulled chicken:
Take a roaster chicken (whole) put in crockpot with onions and garlic and BBQ sauce. Serve as above for pork

YARN DESTASH here
Olivias Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Pork Ribs

Take a package of pork ribs, country ribs, or even the boneless ones- can't remember what they are called. Dump in crockpot, cover just barely with water and cook for 10 hours on low. When you get home, fish the pieces of meat out of the liquid, slather on BBQ sauce from a bottle, and broil until they look good enough to eat. Yum!
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #18
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smshook View Post
here is another really great recipe that I make a couple times a year! it's really yummy, and makes a lot so we can eat it a few meals.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Ingredients
1 onion, chopped 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans 1 (15 ounce) can black beans 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts shredded Cheddar cheese (optional) sour cream (optional) crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Directions
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

This recipe from Allrecipe.com
LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!!!!!! I'm making an alternative version tonight as I don't have all the ingredients, but enough.

It is soooooooooooooooo good!!!!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The 365 days of crock pot cooking is awesome! I bought her book and use it at least twice a week! Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One of my favorite crock pot meals.... toss in some chicken breasts, add in about half a jar of your favorite bbq sauce (I like the Spicey Honey that Kraft makes). Turn on low and forget about it.

At dinner time, shred the chicken and serve on whole wheat hamburger buns or sandwich rolls. Great with fries (bake in the oven for about 20 minutes), chips or salad.

Toss beans (soaked over night) into the slow cooker with your favorite seasonings, add some cubed ham. Make rice when you get home and yum!

I actually have a Slow Cooker Cook Book that I occasionally look at.

Pot roast:
Put your rost in. Add a bit of water with a packet of Limpton Onion Soup Mix. Add diced potatoes and whole baby carrots. Put on low... it'll be ready when you get home.

Cut up the left overs and put back in the slow cooker for beef stew the next night.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote