Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you fit 3 car seats in your car?

nope, my car can only safely fit two, I can't install a seat in the middle.

ETA: we have a 2001 buick century and the manual states we shouldnt install a carseat in the middle.

Advertisement

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 03-08-2007 at 08:51 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
Hitchkids
Registered Users

We've managed to put 3 carseats across in a Toyota Corolla (tight fit and you needed the right combo), a Honda Accord, a Volvo v-70 and right now we have a 12 passenger van but I've had 3 seats across one of the narrower bench seats in there. It only works with a certain combo of our carseats. We have 5 in carseats and 1 in a booster. I had to rearrange the seats for a long car trip to get in all the extra stuff from the grandparents. Only one arrangement worked all next to each other. We're expecting number 7 and I'll have 2 rear facing since number 6 is too tiny to turn around so we'll be buying a Radian 65 I believe so we can get 2 rear facing seats on the same bench and hopefully still get a 3rd seat with them. Go to a store and get someone to go with you from the store so you can try the seats in your car before you buy. We've always done that and never had issues. Just said we won't buy any until we know they fit in our car right, can you come with us to watch us while we test them out. Good Luck.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

I've heard that the Hyundai Sonata and Ford Taurus will fit 3 nicely. I can tell you that there is no way that I can fit 3 across in my Accord (with one seat being a Marathon). I've tried a snugride and a booster and neither will fit next to the Marathon.

This site gives good measurements for seats that might help you narrow down your search.

http://www.carseatdata.org/measurements.php
Old 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

i have a ford expidition and it fits three seats with room to spare (i don't have third row seating either) an acquantence of mine has a cheap a$$ husband who refuses to buy a new car so they had to take the door pannels off the back doors inorder to fit their three seats acros sthe back of a jetta.i just hope they are never in anaccident! those seats are so tight in there!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #15
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

I have a Ford Expedition. We currently have a Britax Regent (it's humongous) and two rearfacing Britax Marathons all in one row. It's tight, very very very tight, but they're in. Three Marathons would be easy, the Regent is just huge.

I have heard that the Sunshine Kids Radian is narrow.
sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #16
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I have a Kia Rio and it fits 2 car seats nicely - I'm scared about trying 3. LOL ....... one step at a time, huh? LOL
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #17
sararenda
Banned
seller

We have an Olds 88 and we have 2 Evenflo Tribute 5 Deluxe Convertible Car Seats forward facing and 1 Graco Snugride in the back. I also have another Evenflo Tribute 5 Deluxe Convertible Car Seat in the front passenger for my oldest. We are moving up to a 12 or 15 passenger van this fall though!!

Here is a link to the kind we have.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
sararenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #18
Mrs489
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have subaru outback, and I have fit my Roundabout RF (center), Marathon FF and the Graco Turbobooster. It is super tight (6 yo dd can't buckle herself in the turbobooster) but they fit.
Mrs489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #19
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a Honda CR-V and we could get two but there is no way 3 would fit, a really skinny person couldnt even fit in between them so I had to get a mini van.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #20
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with a PP who suggested that you look at getting Radian65's. They are going to be your best bet to get three across in a tight space.
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote