Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #21
mama2iliana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you fit 3 car seats in your car?

I have a Toyota Camry and I can fit 2 Britax and an Evenflow but 3 Britax would fit even better because they are slimmer.

Advertisement

See my listings for (updated 11/16/07)fabric , women's coats/jackets , women's Hanna , girl's 2, 3, 4, 5 andboy's 3, 4, 5
mama2iliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #22
vfuller
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Radian 65 as well as the new Radian 80 should fit three across the backseat in almost any car. They are very narrow and some of the safest seats out there. I know that this setup works in a Mitsubishi Endevour, Chevy Impala, and even a Honda Fit (really tiny car).

Old DS Feedbackhttp://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=13110.0
vfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #23
Erica
Registered Users
seller

I have a Chystler LHS and I can fit a britax, a graco comfort sport, and a graco turbo buster seat. We are getting a mini van really soon though for the new baby
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #24
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can, but I have a Ford Expedition., I could in the last car, my Explorer (but it was almost TOO tight and then storage was impossible....
BUT I have a Santa Fe once and I could do 3. 2 were highback booster and one AO w/the pull down bar thing...it was VERY tight, but I had to do it.

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #25
momtomaximusandjackson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey! I'm in Rockaway Twp., grew up in Chatham and spent a LOT of time in BH and NP.

I can fit 3 in my 2003 pathfinder, not comfortably. DS1 is in the turbobooster (with the back) on one side and can't buckle himself in. DS2 is in the middle and I can't seem to get the belt to be tight enough (only a lapbelt and I can't figure out the latch) and the third seat is either my niece in her huge Britax or my friend's baby in his huge something or other.

I'm considering getting the third row seating installed in my car. (or getting the dreaded minivan, but I'd really rather not!!)
momtomaximusandjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
catanded
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We loved our Forester but had to get rid of it when #2 was born so there's little way that 3 seats would have fit! The issue for us was having to move the front seat(s) all the way forward in order to make room for the rear facing seat. DH was so upset when we got rid of the Forester to get the minivan (which he now LOVES!). I keep telling him that we can get another one once a couple of the kids are out of carseats.
catanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #27
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

I don't know how you could do it without a booster.
We had a Nissan Altima with three in back. We were lucky that our HUGE 3yo was big enough to have a booster when our youngest was born. We were able to fit: one convertible two infant, one booster one convertible one infant, two convertibles and one booster, and two boosters and one convertible. It was always tight, and a challenge to buckle the booster - but we made it work! and heck.. if we were in an accident - there was no way anyone was going anywhere!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=momto2boysinOnt;805478]Try using a Radian65 for at least one of the seats. I believe it is the narrowest seats available (or at least one of the narrowest). I have a Scenara and a Radian side by side in my mom's Saturn (both FF at the moment, but they fit with the Scenara RF and the Radian FF as well). I'm sure that we could fit another Radian in there as well.
[/orQUOTE]

I second the Radian!!!! Our second car is a Toyota Corolla and we have 3 seats in it for my hubbie to use w/ our 3 kiddos while I'm teaching. We have two Britax seats (a marathon and a roundabout w/ the roundabout rear facing ) and the Radian and Marathon ff. All seats are correctly installed and it couldn't have been done without the Radian seat. The seat was comparable to a Britax in terms of price but we snagged a GREAT deal on it at a specialty store by buying the last one in stock (floor model) not that anyone can tell. And I told my husband it's a LOT more affordable for us right now than a second car payment would be.
(O)….2, & Someone NEW….arriving May 2014!

Kindergarten Teaching Extraordinaire
teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #29
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

Nope, and it's frustrating when we are watching another child.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #30
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtomaximusandjackson View Post
Hey! I'm in Rockaway Twp., grew up in Chatham and spent a LOT of time in BH and NP.
Hey...we used to live in Spring Garden Apts in NP and now we're in Station Court Apts in BH. I go to the Chatham LLL meetings...

I'm hearing alot of rave about the Radians...Do they 'only' work with the latch system? Or can I use the belt instead? I'm leaning towards the Radian.
I have a feeling that the Britax hand-me-down has expired (but I know it was taken care of-no accidents)
Would I need to remove the seat to find the DOM? I have it in there sooo tight.
uk2usa is offline   Reply With Quote