Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Update in first post...Has anyone had problems with pee'ing?

UPDATE: I ended up going to the ER last night. It got that bad. I could only get a couple of drops out at a time, but my bladder was very hard. So, they ended up giving me 1 liter of fluids and took blood. After the liter of fluid was almost gone, I tried to pee...I only got about a teaspoon out. There was NO bladder infection, so they cath'ed me when the fluid was all gone. There was a ton of urine! The Dr. on call said I was dehydrated. I didn't buy it for a sec. I had been drinking water all day and only getting *tiny* amts out.

My mom had done some research on the internet and found many pregnant women that had the same problem as I did also had a tilted urterus, making it very difficult for urine to come out. Apparently, going to the bathroom as soon as you feel like you need to helps. The only other thing is time and the baby getting bigger and moving out of the pelvic region.

I don't want to go through that again! I felt like I was getting prepped for labor....

I'm 9 weeks and over the last few days I've been having trouble with pee'ing. It isn't all day long, but usually in the early am and later pm. It feels almost like where the urine comes out around my bladder is really small, only allowing a little to come out. Kind of like I'm constipated, but with urine (sorry, tmi!). I just don't feel like it all comes out when it's like this.

I don't *think* it's a UTI because it only happens at certain times of the day and there's no burning sensation. My first appt with my Dr. isn't until Nov. 12th. Should I call and ask the nurse? Could my uterus be pushed up against my bladder making it hard for the urine to come out? Ack, the problems of pregnant women!

Advertisement

Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.

Last edited by mama2cntrykids; 10-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone had problems with pee'ing?

i also have this problem sometimes and think it has to do with what you said or something similiar. kinda tmi but i find if when you are on the toilet peeing and no more comes out shift positions(raise a leg, lean forward etc) and most times more will come out.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YES!!! i thought i was crazy...lol i sometimes feel like i have to go so bad i am gonna burst....and then it's like nothing. strangely disappointing...lol
Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemom2faith View Post
i also have this problem sometimes and think it has to do with what you said or something similiar. kinda tmi but i find if when you are on the toilet peeing and no more comes out shift positions(raise a leg, lean forward etc) and most times more will come out.
I have found this helps too. I just try to change positions-usually I lean forward as far as I can. I had this with my son too and never did have a UTI. I guess it was just the way my uterus was pressing on my bladder. HTH.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
maryb16now@aol.com
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this when i was prego.. but not til about 30plus weeks... i would just shift and see if that helps
maryb16now@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At least I know that I'm not alone. It's been bad all day today so tomorrow, I'm calling my Dr. office.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

I've had this too, but mostly when I don't run to go pee right away, like I held it for a bit an then it's kinda hard to pee!

Good luck pregnant Mommas!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
erosissa
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to chime in with everyone suggesting to move around to different positions. I'm 10 weeks, and I've found that it's easier to pee and more comes out when I lean slightly to the left. I don't understand the anatomical factors at work, but whatever helps! I hope you get some relief, too!
erosissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can add me to this list, but I've been having this the majority of this pregnancy! I will shift and move and more comes out and I'm still back in there ten minutes later peeing a fullish bladder, it is crazy. My silver lining is that I know I'm well hydrated!
(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #10
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

Mama, I don't want to scare you but this is a sign of an incarcerated uterus. I would definitely keep an eye on this and get additional monitoring although it can be hard to find a provider who is familiar with the condition. This happened to me with my third birth and led to the death of my daughter. If the uterus is tilted back (in my case both retroverted and retroflexed) it can completely block off the bladder as the baby gets bigger. It started out with just difficulty urinating and then led to complete urinary retention and eventually all the blood supply to the baby was cut off. I've spoken to many women who have lost babies this way so I couldn't sit by and not respond here.

I went to the ER over and over again, got cathed repeatedly and eventually they just put a foley catheter in and sent me home with a pee bag for weeks...meanwhile they never did anything about the problem and my daughter died. I found out she was gone when I went to my big 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex. Finally the daughter I had always longed for but no heartbeat.

It happened again in the next pregnancy but I fought hard to get help from someone who knew what to do. I had to go under spinal anesthesia so that they could go in and reposition my uterus to free it from trapped under my sacrum. They put in a pessary to hold it up until it was too big too fall down on it's own. I had that done at 12 weeks. It worked and everything was fine after that. Had my uncomplicated homebirth and a healthy baby boy! So if you do end up with this condition, it is totally treatable!