Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

26 month old starting

So, DS started PLing. I guess. I'm not trying to push him, I really don't mind changing him, better than cleaning pee from the carpet 8 times a day. Anyway, I'm desperate for some answers...

Here's the facts.

He's never managed to make it into the potty with anything, so we haven't been able to give a lot of positive reinforcement. We praise when he tries and he loves sitting on the potty, but not for very long... always wants to go play again. I've tried putting him on every 15 minutes, but he always pees in between.

He doesn't talk. Hardly at all. He understands us, but only uses words like Uh-oh and wow. Sooooo, he's not TELLING me when he wants to go. He just starts pulling at his diaper (Flip in case anyone cares) or taking his pants off.

We've tried the naked method several times in the past, sometimes for a full day, sometimes 2.... never had ANY progress. We have carpeting in our house, and we don't own it, so I hate getting it all pee filled (incidentally, what's best for getting pee out of carpets??). Also, I have another son (10 mo) who is crawling all over the floor and this morning sat in a puddle I didn't even know was there.

We bought some underwear last time (4 months ago?) and let him wear that around a bit, but he just peed in it and looked at it kinda funny. I bought some pull ups and he LOVES wearing them, but just pees in them and asks to be changed. Same with Bummis training pants.

He has no poo warning signs. Or if he does I don't always notice them 'cause of aforementioned baby brother. He has never pooped in the toilet, but tries to.

This morning I started all over again 'cause he took his diaper off (snaps and all!) and went to the potty and tried to pee standing up - which is new for him. He made the noise and everything... but we got nothin'. So I let him run naked for awhile. At one point I found some drips on the potty, but not a lot.... and there were three other "accidents" in a 2 hour period. Always he'd pee, look at it for a minute, then I'd send him to the potty and he'd "try" while I cleaned it up with little brother's help.

Anyway. It makes me stressed and emotional. And I am at the end of my knowledge. Thought I'd see if you guys had any suggestions.

Advertisement

momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote