Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #121
wigglers
Registered Users

Re: Ontario Mommies/Mommies-to-be Group!

Ok, I'll play the game! I've got a mixed up stash at the moment - a bit of everything. I am liking my goodmamas and piddle poddles, since we do a lot of fitteds. But I have to say that my Sandy's are the best - which is sooo plain vanilla eh? Anyone have rainbow Sandy's to sell??

As for pockets, I like AppleCheeks.

I'm hoping to try UckyBumz and Graham Bear Wear WAHM fitteds, but need more funds first...

Pam

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #122
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I mostly use my GroBaby's during the day on both my girls and double stuffed BG 3.0's at night. I have a few different things but I have tons of GroBaby. (my parents bought us a huge stash when I was pregnant with the girls). I also tested some diapers for Bummis but they are starting to get small. I, however, loved them!

I also don't use much on the girls bums since they rarely have problems. I do have Baby Bum Balm if there is something minor or I just put a liner in the diaper and use something else if needed.

Well I am off to bed cause I am sure this time change will mess things up tomorrow morning and evening time.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #123
50blueberries
Registered Users

My Mood:

[QUOTE=
50blueberries - there is a canadian retailer that sells bottombumpers. I think they are called "More Than Cloth Diapers".

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much!! I appreciate it!

My weekend so far has consisted of making felted deer, porcupine, raccoon, and bunny bums to hang on the wall by the change table. After that has been accomplished I will continue to clean my house...uuugghhh.

Last edited by 50blueberries; 11-06-2010 at 09:37 PM.
50blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #124
Mamabird22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies!!

So my mom's mini birthday get together was fantastic!!

And thanks for sharing that info about bum balms. I have one that I got at a local natural parenting boutique. It's nature's comforts, baby bum balm :-) Seems nice so far. But I think tomorrow I will go to Fabricland and buy some Fleece that I can vut into liners in case I ever have to use zinc diaper cream.

Also, I want to make wipes. I don't have a sewing machine :-( Can you make wipes out of fleece? I have read that you don't need to sew the edges of fleece liners or wipes? Any suggestions!?

As for my favourites...not really sure yet!? lol I just started cloth diapering today and I am waiting for more to arrive in the mail. Here's what I got so far

-2 gdiaper (using them as covers
-1 flip OS (1 insert)
-1 Totsbots pocket (1 insert)
-2 used Happy Heinys pocket
-2 new Happy Heinys (2 inserts each)
-8 cotton inserts
-6 swaddlebees unbleached prefolds
-2 Snappies
-100 bummis biosoft liners
-Whammies door hanging wet bag
-Wee huggers wet bag (like a diaper bag for on the go)
-3 samples of Rockin green
-1 sample of crunchy clean
On order
-4 Kawaii pocket diapers
-1 cover

OK so what do you think!? I should be well off for my start with cloth diapering right!??

xo
Mamabird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #125
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great starter stash
Old 11-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #126
isda1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice starter stash! I used Kushies Ultra with my DS1 and ya, not the greatest. With this little guy I got a bunch of free dipes from friends and through the generosity of strangers as well. My parents also bought me some Flips which i love and Bamboozles are great for night time for me. My hubby prefers our BG 4.0's bc they are applix and easy for him to do, but hands down the pf's and flips. I tried thirsties duos but didn't like them very much.
I tried an awesome diaper trial package from a St Catherines mama who was totally great and at the end of the day, the trial cost me $5 for 7 days. She sent me all kinds of dipes, wetbags, laundry detergent, liners, snappis, everything. its was great! msg me if you want details.
For bum cream, i use either badger balm unscented healing balm (with a flush liner bc not sure how cd friendly it is) or dimpleskins baby bum balm (no liner bc it's cd friendly). i got it as a free trial in the bummis prefold infant kit and its lasted me sooo long. i have found it in health stores and even (surprisingly) my local loblaws. if he has a severe rash from being in sposies for his hospital visits (sometimes they make us take off the cloth dipe) i used sudocream. if i have to use it in a cloth dipe i do, i just make sure to use a flushable liner so it doesnt get on the dipe or my fleece liners - i dont like stripping dipes or liners (i avoid that).

HTH
Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #127
Mom2Kiki&Skye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sylvie - I love my GroBaby diapers as well. I have all the older soakers (before they changed to GroVia). Have you tried the newer soakers with the PUL backing? If so, do you like them? How do they compare to the non-PUL lined ones.

Mamabird - good starter stash.
Mom2Kiki&Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #128
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mom2Kiki&Skye - No I haven't tried the new ones. I also have all old ones. They released the new ones a few months after my girls were born. I will probably eventually cave and buy one or two of the new prints eventually though and maybe I will buy the whole diaper instead of just the shell since I am curious about the PUL backing too.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #129
mamatoalys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FAVE? omg it's hard to narrow this one down.

I love my RaR's, love them. Cannot express how much I love them.
I also love my BG 4.0's
and my Grovia AIO/AI2's
Student Midwife and crunchy mama DD's to Autumn & Alys Expecting surprise #3 in Sept 2013!
mamatoalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #130
canadianangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ontario Mummy here From Northern Ontario but currently living in Southwestern Ontario!
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote