Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #201
Mommy Erin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ontario Mommies/Mommies-to-be Group!

Just saw this!! I'm from Niagara area

Advertisement

Mommy Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #202
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay baby!!!! Grow big and strong

Mommy Erin Welcome!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #203
Mom2Kiki&Skye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay!! What a great weight gain.
Do you think some of your bf issue might be stressed related (as in stressing about her weight-gain). When my older DD was in the hospital the first time this year, I was soo stressed (about her & about the baby who wasn't even 3 months yet) and it really affected my supply, as well as my dd's nursing.

Welcome Mommy Erin!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #204
mama2twoGoneB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning mamas, first I want to apologize for my post yesterday, I really don't know why I wrote so much, and clearly it wasn't the time nor place for it and I'm sorry

I should have just said Hi, how's it going

So how's everyone today, I'm tired, DD didn't want to go to sleep until 1am last night and woke up couple times to nurse, of course I had to get up at 7 to get my DS ready for school, an little one is still snoozing away.

I'm still waiting on my FuzzyBunz diapers, couple of new TT bubuBebe dipes are also on their way and I just ordered woolybottom footsies for DD, I think those ares going to be her holiday presents...decided not to do toys for her as she has so much from her brother and sister.

What are your LO's getting for holidays?
mama2twoGoneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #205
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did buy toys and I have a feeling my house will be a toy zoo soon since we already have lots. I did donate some stuff to a family in need though. But I really need to rethink toy storage once the holidays are over.

DS is getting a Diego Rescue House thingy, some wooden play food, playdough, bath toy
DD's are getting an abacus thingy, a lil kitchen to sort blocks and stuff, each getting a lil plush doll
DSS is getting a new baseball glove, a movie, jeans

But everyone is getting a ton more toys for grandparents, aunts and friends....insane

They all get a present tomorrow too at DH's kids Xmas party at work.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #206
cynnamin
Registered Users

Hi everyone. I'm in London, grew up in the Niagara area and lived in Toronto for 5 years. I loved both Niagara and Toronto, but London is great for us right now.

My 2nd little girl is just over a week old and I've just begun cloth diapering and am loving it so far! I'm glad a lot of you love dream-eze because I picked up a few of those when they were being discontinued and was pretty unsure of my purchase.

I'm also dealing with jaundice. Luckily I think she's nursing well, she's been peeing and pooing plenty these past few days. She wasn't back at birth weight yet at 8 days old, but did gain 5 ounces in 3 days. I'll go next week to have her weighed.

Anyway, looking forward to "meeting" you ladies!
cynnamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #207
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

welcome! congrats on your new baby girl
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #208
Mamabird22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies!

And Welcome to the new mamas!! :-) Mama2two don't worry at all, whatever you write is fine!! :-)

Ok ladies, I'm having an issue with my CD. After I wash them they still "FAINTLY" smell...of something? lol
Here is my process.
Take off diaper
Put in wet bag, (about 7-8 diapers and 4 covers and several inserts)
After 3-4 days I dump the diapers and wetbag into washer and do a cold rinse on large or super load.
Then I add 2 tablespoons of crunchy clean or rockin green and start a hot load on super. ( I used to do just this but then one day I ended up with a poopy diaper in the mix and it still smelled. We use sposies at night so I had been lucky and she had her poos in there)
So I started doing a second wash on hot, super load but just 1 tablespoon of soap.
then in the dryer for 60 minutes with my 4 wool dryer balls (that I made! ;-) lol)

So it's not a huge smell, i really have to stick my nose in them...but they don't smell like lets say a clean towel. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! :-)

xo
Mamabird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #209
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a 1/2 cup of Borax in with my diapers and I find I have no smell. I use to sometimes.
You could try that. Its cheap and lasts quite a while. Suppose to help with staining too but I have a few that have light stains in them now. I can't wait until summer to hang my diapers back outside.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #210
isda1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieP View Post
I use a 1/2 cup of Borax in with my diapers and I find I have no smell. I use to sometimes.
You could try that. Its cheap and lasts quite a while. Suppose to help with staining too but I have a few that have light stains in them now. I can't wait until summer to hang my diapers back outside.
Hi mamas! its been a while but i've finally moved to Brampton and have got things kinda set up-ish. but enought that i don't feel guilty about being on here!
I didn't know you could use Borax with Cd's. Do you find that your Cd's begin to repell after a bit? I am also having a slight "smell" problem, but that could be from using the RnG. I hate to throw out unused bags though. I can't wait for summer to hang out my dipes either! it seems like just when the sun started to be out for lesser amounts of time, that is when little man starts pooing and staining all of them. figures! but i heard that it doesn't matter how strong the sunlight is, so long as its sunlight. i think i might give it a go sometime bc next summer i will be back at work
Glad to hear that Peyton is gaining weight!