Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #41
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ontario Mommies/Mommies-to-be Group!

I know that this is a cloth diapering site but do any of you use sposies (even occasionally). I am sooo burnt out with laundry these days and we've switched to using sposies for the first time ever in 3 kids I really want to use the best ones for their bums and then for the environment as well (I know there is no such thing really, but less chemicals, less oil used to make them is a plus). I am having an impossible time locally so I'm looking for opinions from others before I order online. Has anyone used Nature Babycare or other "eco" disposables?

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #42
Mom2Kiki&Skye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't watch Grey's. I watched it once, it was good, but it didn't "capture" me. My Thursdays are reserved for "The first 48" anyways

Lotions/creams: We don't really use anything. DD hasn't had a rash or really any redness (if she is slightly red, usually I just let her air out for a bit and it dissapears).

Disposables: I don't really use them. My older dd was in the hospital twice in the last month, so she (eta: she being my 4 month old, not my 5 year old) did wear a few disposables when my mom was watching her (just easier on all of us, especially to not have to worry about doing laundry). When we got to visit my IL's (they live 6 hours away from us), we use the Grovia bio-liners.

Mamabird : How did the shots go? My dd just got her 4 month shots on Tuesday. I always forget to give her the Tylenol before hand, but she usually cries for a second and then falls asleep. She was super cranky a few hours later, so I did give her some in the afternoon, but she was fine afterwards.

Last edited by Mom2Kiki&Skye; 10-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Mom2Kiki&Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #43
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I dont use any diaper creams, we havent had rash issues, so im no help there

the only time we used sposies was when we were in the hospital when DS was born, but we bought huggies pure and natural, i was happy with them
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #44
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have used sposies on occasion. I didn't cloth diaper DS until his trainers came in. I was overwhelmed with information when I had looked it up when I was pg with him. I hadn't found this site
The girls used sposies for the first 6 weeks or so. I was recovering from my c-section and a broken ankle so washing diapers was not high on my priority list. When they got to 8 lbs we started using CDs.
I had to use a sposie last night. I couldn't find a clean night diaper for the life of me. I must have used some during the day.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #45
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and well I dont know what brand I used yesterday. I just happened to find it and it fit. I was pretty surprised. Abbie did leak though so it must not have been a good one.

When I do buy some I use Pampers Baby Dry - they have/or had no dry max in them.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #46
mamacassola
Registered Users
seller

Hi all! Another Ontario Mama here-SW between London and Toronto.

Thought I'd join in. Also wanted to add that I fell in love with CJs BUTTer for DS's bumm. I ordered online when she had a sale and then went back to buy more after because I liked it so much. I read reviews on ??was it the diaper pin- I can't remember... anyway. Lives up to what I read! She's got another sale coming I think...check her out on facebook. It's CJ's Sewing room... hth!
mamacassola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #47
50blueberries
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks so much for your input ladies!!!! I appreciate it!
50blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #48
Mamabird22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies!!!
I too love Grey's and Vampire Diaries (and yes... I'm one of those twilight addicts too)

Diaper cream: The only thing I use on dd is Sudocream.

Lotion: I like the johnson's lavender one, but also the aveeno baby unscented.

Sposies: I still use them as dd is only just out of newborn dipes. We're only now starting to transition to cloth. I'm not picky...The huggies little snugglers or pure and nlatural as well as pampers swaddlers are my favs.

Mom2Kiki&Skye: (fab names btw ) The dr. apt was good. Got stuff for a possible nipple yeast infection, and a prescription for domperidone (still wondering about my supply...she still seems hungry after feeds??) And my post-preggo check was all good. Peyton went from 7lbs 10oz on Oct 4th to 9lbs 2oz today!! But...I told the doc she had been sniffly this week so we are going back in a week for her shots.

xo
Mamabird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #49
Pixiedust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies! I'm from Ontario too. Oshawa to be exact. DS is almost 17 months and we have only been using cloth for the past 3 months and I'm totally addicted!

About the rash cream, we also use CJ's and it's awesome!
Pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #50
isda1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacassola View Post
Hi all! Another Ontario Mama here-SW between London and Toronto.

Thought I'd join in. Also wanted to add that I fell in love with CJs BUTTer for DS's bumm. I ordered online when she had a sale and then went back to buy more after because I liked it so much. I read reviews on ??was it the diaper pin- I can't remember... anyway. Lives up to what I read! She's got another sale coming I think...check her out on facebook. It's CJ's Sewing room... hth!
I loved looking at the CJ's stuff! I'm just so so worried about shipping up from the US bc it can get sooo pricy. How did you find the shipping costs?I'm looking for a Cdn retailer that sells her stuff bc i really want to try the BUTTer.
isda1979 is offline   Reply With Quote