Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #11
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: You can't sell via PM? Clarifaction please?

So those of us that don't have to apply for the new group (with over 50 FB) don't have to do anything and our FSOT posts stay up?

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Where the heck is the link to apply to sell. I checked under user CP and group memberships a bazillion times. I think I'm blind....

ETA: I was confused about that selling via PM statement as well.

Last edited by myblessedbaby; 10-26-2010 at 08:19 PM.
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The new rules for being able to sell on Diaperswappers will be put into effect on Monday November 1, 2010 at approximately 1:00PM EST.

Everyone who wants to sell on the site will need to apply to the group via the UserCP. This includes those that qualify to be grandfathered in. The requirement for this has also changed from having 50 positive feedbacks to 20. Keep this in mind when applying and feel free to add a note letting us know that you are being grandfathered in, we will then rush your application and set you up without having to go through the verification process.

The link for the UserCP is located on the top left of the site. Once you click on that, look for the link that takes you to the Groups. Applications will be received and we will be calling or sending postcards with a code that you will need to PM back to us before you are allowed to sell. The process may take a few days for you to receive your postcard or phonecall. Also, information we collect will be available to only Super Mods and Admin. This is completely voluntary and you will not be forced to sign up.

In the meantime, all transactions are to be completed by November 1st. Any transactions that are begun on that day will have be from approved sellers only. Please keep in mind that the community of Diaperswappers is a great place to advertise your merchandise and should you desire to abstain from filling out the application then you will potentially miss out on money making opportunities. Again, the choice is yours.

Selling via Private Messages is still not allowed on the site and while this may happen from time to time, should the transaction go awry, we will not be able to help you resolve any issues with either seller or buyer. You do this completely at your risk - no exceptions. Please follow the rules to allow us the opportunity to help you should a problem come up.

Those who do not wish to apply to sell on Diaperswappers can certainly still purchase items and view the FSOT. You will not be able to start new threads to sell your stuff. If you are found to be selling items through someone else's thread, you will be subject to a penalty ranging from warnings to permanent bans. You may apply to sell and once approved, you are not obligated to sell immediately. You may take your time in listing your merchandise.

If you have an outstanding situation and wish to tell us about it, there is a Comments box in the application where you can tell us what is on your mind. We will strive to get through these expeditiously but be patient as we will be dealing with a large number of applications.

Our goal is to provide a safe place for you to sell/buy merchandise for your family.
Even those with the FB amount still have to give their information. You just won't get a verification call. Taken from Juan's post, it's in the DS announcements forum...

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Where the heck is the link to apply to sell. I checked under user CP and group memberships a bazillion times. I think I'm blind....
It's not up yet, as far as I know.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
It's not up yet, as far as I know.
Oh I was thinking that the announcement meant the new rules started on Nov 1st and they were going to be approving people before that for a seamless transition. Seems like there's gonna be a few days of very few FSOT threads while we all await approval. Good times, good times
Old 10-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah- why isn't the link up yet??? Seems like maybe that should have been worked out before the announcements???
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was also wondering about the selling through PM's comment. I assume he meant offering someone an item that you haven't listed by just PM'ing them. But, that still confuses me because isn't that sort of what the ISO forum is all about? Sometimes, I'm looking through there and see something I have that I'd be willing to sell, but I didn't actually have it for sale and listed. It sounds like I'm not allowed to PM that person to let them know I have what they are looking for. I had no idea. I thought that was kind of the purpose of the ISO threads. Did I miss something?

Can a mod or admin clarify this for us, please?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am confused about how the ISO and the ISO trades will work now also...

The way I read it, if you want to sell (and trade too??) you will have to apply and one of the admins will call you to make sure you are legit. But those that have been around a while with over 20 positive feedbacks won't need to be called. Am I understanding this correctly?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #19
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I was also wondering about the selling through PM's comment. I assume he meant offering someone an item that you haven't listed by just PM'ing them. But, that still confuses me because isn't that sort of what the ISO forum is all about? Sometimes, I'm looking through there and see something I have that I'd be willing to sell, but I didn't actually have it for sale and listed. It sounds like I'm not allowed to PM that person to let them know I have what they are looking for. I had no idea. I thought that was kind of the purpose of the ISO threads. Did I miss something?

Can a mod or admin clarify this for us, please?
This is what I am wondering about too. I look at ISO and PM the mama. I didnt even know that this was not allowed.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
The way I read it, if you want to sell (and trade too??) you will have to apply and one of the admins will call you to make sure you are legit. But those that have been around a while with over 20 positive feedbacks won't need to be called. Am I understanding this correctly?
Yeah, you won't get a call with 20+ FB.