Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #21
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: You can't sell via PM? Clarifaction please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Oh I was thinking that the announcement meant the new rules started on Nov 1st and they were going to be approving people before that for a seamless transition. Seems like there's gonna be a few days of very few FSOT threads while we all await approval. Good times, good times
I don't think so, but that would have been a really good idea.

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #22
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
What does this part of the rules exactly mean?

Every single item I have sold, someone has seen it listed in a thread, PM'd me about it, I PM them back my PP addy, and then the DC when I ship.

Is that "selling via PM" or what does that exactly mean?
I am not exactly sure what "selling via PM" means, either. We will get an answer for you though. But of course the PayPal addy and other details of the transaction would be exchanged through PM, same as they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehedges View Post
I am now wondering the very same thing...also, what is going to happen to all of our listings after Monday?? Are we going to have to relist what we have on here right now?? I am super curious to know how all of this is going to work with SO many members on here wanting to apply for the new group to sell stuff....
This is still being discussed and we will get an answer to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
So what are we supposed to do if someone pms about something we have? Put up a reserved fsot post? That's silly.
If you are an approved seller and someone wants to buy your item, then you will just proceed as normal with the transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
So those of us that don't have to apply for the new group (with over 50 FB) don't have to do anything and our FSOT posts stay up?
20 feedback, and everyone will have to apply, but those w/ 20 feedback and 30 posts and 30 days membership will get a swift approval. I don't know yet what will happen to any of the current FSOT threads.

Quote:
Where the heck is the link to apply to sell. I checked under user CP and group memberships a bazillion times. I think I'm blind....
It won't be available until Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
Even those with the FB amount still have to give their information. You just won't get a verification call. Taken from Juan's post, it's in the DS announcements forum...
Yes.

Quote:
Oh I was thinking that the announcement meant the new rules started on Nov 1st and they were going to be approving people before that for a seamless transition. Seems like there's gonna be a few days of very few FSOT threads while we all await approval. Good times, good times
Some people will be able to be approved that first day, if they meet the grandfathering qualifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I was also wondering about the selling through PM's comment. I assume he meant offering someone an item that you haven't listed by just PM'ing them. But, that still confuses me because isn't that sort of what the ISO forum is all about? Sometimes, I'm looking through there and see something I have that I'd be willing to sell, but I didn't actually have it for sale and listed. It sounds like I'm not allowed to PM that person to let them know I have what they are looking for. I had no idea. I thought that was kind of the purpose of the ISO threads. Did I miss something?

Can a mod or admin clarify this for us, please?
We don't know yet what the plans are for the ISO forum but will clarify it when we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
The way I read it, if you want to sell (and trade too??) you will have to apply and one of the admins will call you to make sure you are legit. But those that have been around a while with over 20 positive feedbacks won't need to be called. Am I understanding this correctly?
If you have your 20 feedbacks by 11/1 then you will be grandfathered in (but will still need to apply). If you get your 20th feedback on 11/2 or later, then you will need to be verified.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I will explain the selling via pm's.
That means if your not an approved seller and you sell something to another member via pm, something goes wrong, we will no longer be dealing with it as that is the risk for not following the rules and becoming approved before selling/transactions and allowing us make sure everyone is legit/verified. HTH

Last edited by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox; 10-26-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #24
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I will explain the selling via pm's.
That means if your not an approved seller and you sell something to another member via pm, something goes wrong, we will no longer be dealing with it as that is the risk for not following the rules and becoming approved before selling/transactions and allowing us make sure everyone is legit/verified. HTH
SO that means that we can still do ISO....trades etc through PM's but it is up to us to make sure the person we are working with is verified so we would be covered by the rules??? Is that right? Is it going to be listed next to our username or somewhere so we can tell easily that we are legit??

nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #25
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

ETA: Sorry I misread your question.

If someone PMs you for your ISO yes you should be sure they are verified. We are working on all verified sellers having a button or something (like the site supporter) so you can easily tell.

Last edited by Calideedle; 10-26-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Calideedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #26
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

:lost:

i'm still not sure what "selling via PM" means but i'm just going with the flow

is it 50 or 20 feedback?
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #27
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaneen View Post
:lost:

i'm still not sure what "selling via PM" means but i'm just going with the flow

is it 50 or 20 feedback?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #28
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

So people who are being grandfathered in will get "swift" approval...but what about the postcards mentioned in the announcement? Sounded like we'll all have to wait on the postcards to arrive in the mail to finish the approval process. Or are those for people who don't meet the qualifications too?
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 AM   #29
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
So people who are being grandfathered in will get "swift" approval...but what about the postcards mentioned in the announcement? Sounded like we'll all have to wait on the postcards to arrive in the mail to finish the approval process. Or are those for people who don't meet the qualifications too?
The postcards will be for people who are not grandfathered in.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #30
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
Like Andrea said, postcard is for those not grandfathered in.

Oh, and it is a phone call OR a postcard in order to verify those not grandfathered in.

I know for me, I plan on mixing it up between the two

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 10-27-2010 at 04:00 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote