Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
KristinMZ
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question about feedback.

For the 2nd time today and the 4th time this week, I have had a buyer back out of a transaction. Each time I've received a PM in response to one of my FSOT ads. They say 'I'd love the ____.' or 'I'll take the ____. Please send your paypal addy.' or something of the like. Each time I've read the PM and responded within a few hours and removed the title of the post and marked it as pending. And each time I've had to message the 'buyer' numerous times only for him/her to respond with some sort of excuse as to why he/she has changed his/her mind.

Why is the seller not allowed to leave feedback for these types of buyers? Not necessarily a negative, but at least a neutral to warn other sellers that just because this person commits to purchasing doesn't actually mean she will? If I as the seller give the person my pp addy and they send payment, I'm stuck and not able to change my mind and refund without risking negative/neutral feedback left for me. Why are sellers not given the same type of option? Just because actual money hasn't exchanged hands doesn't mean that the committal to purchase and/or deliver goods wasn't made.

This seems to be happening more and more often around here.

Advertisement

KristinMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about feedback.

Sorry Mama. It does stink (I KNOW!) but if money doesn't exchange hands Feedback just can't be left.

Oh a side note though if you as a seller receive a payment and for whatever reason don't feel comfortable mailing the purchase you CAN refund with an explanation within 48hrs (or 72hrs, we are still figuring this out to go with the new rules) and not be at risk to receive negative Feedback.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Mama. It does stink (I KNOW!) but if money doesn't exchange hands Feedback just can't be left.

Oh a side note though if you as a seller receive a payment and for whatever reason don't feel comfortable mailing the purchase you CAN refund with an explanation within 48hrs (or 72hrs, we are still figuring this out to go with the new rules) and not be at risk to receive negative Feedback.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also, I have seen a few add a disclaimer something like this to their FSOT listing.

Due to the number of interested parties who have backed out on paying me in the past, I no longer hold items or mark them pending. First to send paypal gets the item.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote