Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
When did your LO get too big for the BBLP?

So I ended up getting the BBLP and it has worked very nicely for DS...he can sit on it without wobbling too muchand he seems comfy. I want to get at least 2 more potties because we have a larger 2 story house and it's hard to remember to bring the potty into the room we are in and have it ready.
Anyway, I'm wondering when your LOs outgrew the BBLP since I will get a larger style if he's going to get too big for it soon.

Mama to His Majesty (2/10) and wife to my BFF (11/03)
Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
Re: When did your LO get too big for the BBLP?

My 26 lb, 33.5 inch 13 month old can still sit on it no trouble. A friend uses one when out and about with her 4 year old, so it can definitely still be used. Another potty I really really like is the Fisher Price Froggy potty, it is great for boys, nice high pee shield.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
Registered Users

I agree with Fleece... My 19 month 24 lb DS can still use it, but when he does it by himself, he sits too close to the front, so the pee splatters and can spray over the side. But it's still nice to use in a pinch for certain times.
And I love the fisher price froggy potty too. Great shield for DS and he can sit backwards and it still works.
smilingjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
mel j
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think it depends on the baby! My 26 month old ~30 lb son still uses it on occasion, and used it a lot on his own around 20-24 months when he was probably ~27 lbs (tall and lean.) My 12 month old ~20 lb daughter hasn't wanted to use it in months even though she could definitely fit on it. I'm still hoping she'll want to go to it on her own eventually now that she's mobile, but that's not happening yet - she still wants to be taken to the bathroom. So keep in mind your LO's preferences and that they might change

You could also consider getting a soft toilet insert and trying that. My daughter liked going on the insert for months (though she hasn't wanted that, either, in months...and has to be held...)

Last edited by mel j; 11-01-2010 at 08:53 AM.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
My Mood:

I found a Once Upon a Potty when my older DS was ECing and LOVE it. It is larger than the BBLP so my DS2 (16 mos) has a hard time getting on it by himself (he end up backwards, no biggie) but it is super stable and big in the front, which is a huge plus for boys!

ETA: Here is a link:

Last edited by Green Decals; 12-13-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Registered Users

DD had a stage where I thought maybe she was outgrowing the BBLP, but apparently that's past She and DSD still use it occasionally and DSD will be 5 in april! Tho I did put it away once when I got tired of cleaning potties and I knew they were both capable of using the toilet. Now they both generally use the toilet anyway, but the bblp is back out, too. I don't know why!

The one thing I learned about potties and small kids - is that you want something that their legs will fit around when they're sitting on it. Ya know how the bblp and ikea potties (haven't seen the froggy one) are kinda oval shaped? So it comes out in front, yet the sides are narrow? That's good! I bought a potty from walmart, nice sturdy base, but it was square shaped. Silly!! When DD was smaller she didn't have anywhere for her legs because the sides of the potty were sticking out right where her little legs needed to be. Now that she's bigger it's not an issue, but it wasn't very effective when she was smaller! (hopefully that made some kind of sense! ha!)
DSS - 10yrs DSD - 6yrs DD - 4yrs
married to my best friend since 2007

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote