Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: So many questions!

Seconding the recommendation for the Evenflo Triumph Advance. But we did test it out at Buy Buy Baby first to make sure it fit in our car (Ford Focus). Then we ordered it from Amazon for about $100. (Bought our nice stroller at Buy Buy Baby, so they did get some business from us. )

Advertisement

Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
StarBaby11908
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a Honda Accord too! Do you have a 2nd car seat to contend with (or expecting one in the future?), or are you width conscious because of using seats for adult passengers? Until recently, I had a Graco Safeseat and a Britax Marathon right next to each other back there, I know Britax was out of budget - but I mention it as a reference because it is a pretty wide seat, and we were just barely able to put both seats next to each other. We just got a Complete Air 65 to replace the Safeseat and love it. It fits much more easily next to my daughter's Marathon, and an adult can easily sit on the other side. I paid around $120 for it on sale, but I didn't spend much time looking, so you might be able to score a better deal.
StarBaby11908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
pschreiber42
Registered Users
seller

We don't have a second seat at this point. Maybe in the future. For now, I'd just like to make sure we could have an adult passenger.
pschreiber42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschreiber42 View Post
We don't have a second seat at this point. Maybe in the future. For now, I'd just like to make sure we could have an adult passenger.
The MyRide is actually pretty great for adult passengers. It's really narrow at the base, so there's plenty of hip room. The Triumph Advance is kind of the same because it sits up on a base as well.

As far as recline features- they're great for installation help. All RF seats should be between 30 and 45 degrees from vertical. If a recline mechanism can't help you get that, then the use of pool noodles or rolled towels can. Some seats that have recline features STILL install too upright in some cars and require a noodle or towel to help it out anyway.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Also, please check the HEIGHT limit on the seat he is in now! He may be too tall to be in it safely. I didn't see where you said what kind of seat he was currently in but 30 inches is most likely too tall for any infant carrier (at least I think).

DD was in an infant carrier and when she was over 1 year old and about 16 lbs, I was checking to see if the weight limit was 20 or 22 lbs. I noticed on the label that she was already a few inches too tall for it (her head was over the top of the seat)! People make a big deal about weight limit but height limit is also important! (Along with the bulky jacket stuff.)
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #16
an_aurora
Registered Users

Most 30" kids will actually fit into the taller buckets by height. The stated height limit us just a guideline; much more important is how he fits into the seat--as long as he has an inch of hard shell above the head he's fine
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #17
hrice
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Complete Air 65 is a great ERF seat. It is very tall and has a 40# RF weight limit. It is also quite narrow and tends to install very upright so it fits well in most vehicles. It is 179 full price at Babies R Us but you can snag it for 144 with a 20% off coupon!
hrice is offline   Reply With Quote