Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #11
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the love of reading group - November *Join us!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
I just picked up Crave by J.R.Ward at Walmart today Cannot WAIT to read this! LOVED Covet!!!
Whoa, what!? I did not know about this series by Ward! Oh my. Oh dear. I think I must get my hands on the first one immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee 2 Three View Post
Hello Mamas! I want to join this group! My DH bought me a kindle for my birthday two days ago and I have no idea what to read on it!!! I just finished Pillars of the Earth and I couldn't put it down but......... I am looking for something lighter, funnier and not to terribly romantic. There is a lot of emotions running through my house right now and I need a bit of an escape. Please recommend something delish!
Lucky duck!! I'm dying for a Nook, but I've told myself I can't get one until I read some more of the dang books in my office. I can't read fast enough! Light, funny, and not overly romantic - definitely Stephanie Plum like a pp said. I love them! And something is always happening, so there's never boring, dull parts. I also read Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang by Chelsea Handler and that was a good, short and funny read. I've heard awesome things about Bill Bryson, too. He writes really funny non-fiction stuff about his life and the going ons of the world. I have one or two but I don't remember which ones they are.

Advertisement

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

seriously, if you can find a way to get one then you will not regret getting an ereader! I was lucky enough to trade for one and I wish I would have had it long ago. I'm now saving up my swagbuck gift cards to get the newest version and will sell my 2nd generation.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
Have you read the Stephanie Plum novels?
They are SUPER funny! I'm DYING for either a kindle or a Nook!!!

Yes, I just remembered I have read several of these. Ranger , right? Now I just need to figure out where I left off, maybe 7 or 8, hmmm.
Queen Bee 2 Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
Whoa, what!? I did not know about this series by Ward! Oh my. Oh dear. I think I must get my hands on the first one immediately.

Lucky duck!! I'm dying for a Nook, but I've told myself I can't get one until I read some more of the dang books in my office. I can't read fast enough! Light, funny, and not overly romantic - definitely Stephanie Plum like a pp said. I love them! And something is always happening, so there's never boring, dull parts. I also read Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang by Chelsea Handler and that was a good, short and funny read. I've heard awesome things about Bill Bryson, too. He writes really funny non-fiction stuff about his life and the going ons of the world. I have one or two but I don't remember which ones they are.
When I got the kindle I couldn't even take it for a test read because I was waiting on my new pair of glasses to come in the mail! They were mangled by my 4 year olds 'claws'. I did get them on Saturday so now I need a book. I will check out Bill Bryson, thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finished the 3rd Kate Quinn book and Sleepwalking in Daylight this weekend. I don't remember who wrote it because I had to take it back to the library. I tried to read Children of the Sun, but only made it about halfway through and just really didn't click for me. It was more of a manish book.

I picked up The Juniper Tree by Peter Straub today from the library. I'll work on it this week and probably go back on Friday and see if they have The Red Tent in for me. I also got a couple of food books, but they are mostly for writing down recipes rather than actual reading.

I'm open for suggestions!!
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Haven't started my new book yet....between 1 child with fever/throwing up.....and social workers...I haven't had time!

My DS has a new chart for himself though to keep up w/ books & pages read....I that boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
the first book was AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
seriously, if you can find a way to get one then you will not regret getting an ereader! I was lucky enough to trade for one and I wish I would have had it long ago. I'm now saving up my swagbuck gift cards to get the newest version and will sell my 2nd generation.
I saw that Nook was coming out in full color...that looks awesome!
I'm thinking I'll get a nook for Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee 2 Three View Post
Yes, I just remembered I have read several of these. Ranger , right? Now I just need to figure out where I left off, maybe 7 or 8, hmmm.
oh yeah....Ranger!!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #17
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older two have strep so I have spent most of the day with them but I am going to try to finish The last song tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am currently reading 3 books:

Eat, Pray, Love (I know everyone already read this...I was waiting for a hand me down copy)
This Book is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All
Broken For You

I rarely read one book at a time. I pick up which ever one is right for my mood before bed.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #19
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
I am currently reading 3 books:

Eat, Pray, Love (I know everyone already read this...I was waiting for a hand me down copy)
This Book is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All
Broken For You

I rarely read one book at a time. I pick up which ever one is right for my mood before bed.
heya, Jen! I do that sometimes too. Sometimes I am reading an informational or self-help type books and a novel or two totally different books at the same time.

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #20
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Help me out please, I have decided to read a Stephanie Plum book to laugh a little. But I don't know where I left off. The last one I can remember reading had her staying at Rangers apt and using his bodywash. She also had a sidekick named Lula. Anybody know which one this was?