Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #41
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Things you did before you knew better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrice View Post
Have you tried installing the Syphony more upright? 16 mos is way too young to FF.
This! If installing it more upright doesn't work then I would get a Scenera. They go on sale for $35-40 pretty regularly.

Advertisement

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
CrazyBoysMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #42
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried a 100 different ways and it just wont fit. We are trying to figure out how to buy me a different car. We need room for 3 carseats. DD, my nephew who I have regularly and our newbie in Jan. I'm also trying to find a new seat I can afford, but Dh is laid off right now and KS is one of the lowest paying unemployment states in the country. We are literally getting less than 1/4 of what he was making.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #43
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathypie View Post
i'm guilty of a belly clip and giant snow suit. i was always careful about twisted straps because i thought they would cut her. i know i hate it when my seatbelt isn't flat.
That's one thing I always did right too, for about the same reason! That, and I just can't stand the sight of twisted straps.

Also, thanks to the nurse at the hospital I had DS, we always had the straps nice & tight and the chest clip at armpit level. She had us strap him in before we left -- it was funny in retrospect. Her: "That needs to be tighter." Us: "Is it okay now?" Her: "No, tighter." Us: "Now?" Her: "No."
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #44
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzardmommy View Post
I tried a 100 different ways and it just wont fit. We are trying to figure out how to buy me a different car. We need room for 3 carseats. DD, my nephew who I have regularly and our newbie in Jan. I'm also trying to find a new seat I can afford, but Dh is laid off right now and KS is one of the lowest paying unemployment states in the country. We are literally getting less than 1/4 of what he was making.
I feel ya! My DH is unemployed, too and while Cali may pay more, it's expensive to live here. Our mortgage is pushing 3 grand and our house is nothing spectacular! FWIW the Scenera is narrow, so might me good for 3 across, and fits newbies well. I've seen them go on sale @ Kmart as low as $34. If you can fit 2 of those with the nephew's seat it would def be cheaper than a new car!

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
Old 11-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #45
an_aurora
Registered Users

What car do you drive? You can get a $40 Scenera that WILL fit, and plus it's narrow too, so it might help with the 3-across....
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #46
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
What car do you drive? You can get a $40 Scenera that WILL fit, and plus it's narrow too, so it might help with the 3-across....
Beat ya by 2 minutes!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #47
an_aurora
Registered Users

Lol, sorry we cross posted At least we said the same thing
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #48
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

FF at 12months (to the day), booster at 4 years (to the day), out of the booster as soon as he met the law. But he is back in a booster at nine (and tells people it is b/c of those 'dumb diaper ladies'). I thought the laws were indications of what you were supposed to do. Nowhere did I read (until coming here) that it was better to RF, 5-point, and booster longer.

Chest clip as a belly clip, straps down the shoulders, puffy snow suit, I have done them all. I have to ask myself, "What haven't I done wrong?"