Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #21
peacefulj
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Posts: 364
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

What an encouraging story, you look great....big difference! May the Lord give you strength for the next leg even if it is just keeping it off or being patient if you gain back if you get pregnant again...

Advertisement

peacefulj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #22
slingmama4's Avatar
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,864
My Mood:
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support! I still have a long journey ahead of me (it's called life) and there is no stopping or going back to my old ways. This isn't a diet. It is a complete transformation in the way I think and act. I like the new me and it feels good to look in the mirror for the first time in my life!

I encourage all of you who want to change your life and start building a new you to start right now.

It really is amazing to see what the body is capable of. Seeing my apron begin to change has been unbelievable to me. Last night I was laying in the bed and feeling my belly ( weird?) and realized that (wow!) my apron no longer folded over and touched the top of my leg at my hips. I kept feeling it. I remember for so long feeling that fold of skin thinking I could hide a handful of pencils under there and how disgusting it was and how ugly I felt because of it. I really thought I would always have it. Honestly, I don't remember ever NOT having that "hiding place."

Realizing my hiding place of a canyon wasn't there anymore makes me jump for joy. Seeeing/feeling these cjhnages is what keeps me going. My Grand Canyon of a hiding place is now just a hill, valley, hill to get to my leg. I just couldn't stop feeling it. It just truly amazes me that the body can change so drastically. I mean how does it do it? How does is shrink and expand so well? Just amazing! Such a thought gave me extreme hope for the rest of my body to continue to shrink down.

I've always considered myself 'big boned,' but now as I'm melting down perhaps there is a small frame underneath this all?

I've definitely noticed my wrist shrinking. Who knew that I stored fat in my wrist, but I have shrank 4 holes in my watch band! FOUR!

ok, Somehow I'm rambled on and on.....
Thanks for reading.....
__________________
Jesus-loving, Unschooling, FREEBIRTHING Mommy to a bunch!
Rylan,Nolan,Gideon,Layla,Lincoln,Lulah , Evangeline and a New Baby in my tummy
slingmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
walawala
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,135
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Uhh... you look like a skinny lady in a big ladys clothes in the after pics!!! Your face and neck have gotten so thin!!! You look really good and you actually look younger now. In the before pic the buttons on your shirt arekind of sitting on top of your boobs (At least that's what happens to me- My boobs are pretty big hehe) and in your after you can tell that you've lost inches because the buttons are kind of hanging down inbetween your chest. And WOW at the pants pulling that far out!!! I've dreamt of doing that!!!! You must feel awesome and I wish you the best of luck.
walawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
walawala
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,135
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingmama4 View Post
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support! I still have a long journey ahead of me (it's called life) and there is no stopping or going back to my old ways. This isn't a diet. It is a complete transformation in the way I think and act. I like the new me and it feels good to look in the mirror for the first time in my life!

I encourage all of you who want to change your life and start building a new you to start right now.

It really is amazing to see what the body is capable of. Seeing my apron begin to change has been unbelievable to me. Last night I was laying in the bed and feeling my belly ( weird?) and realized that (wow!) my apron no longer folded over and touched the top of my leg at my hips. I kept feeling it. I remember for so long feeling that fold of skin thinking I could hide a handful of pencils under there and how disgusting it was and how ugly I felt because of it. I really thought I would always have it. Honestly, I don't remember ever NOT having that "hiding place."

Realizing my hiding place of a canyon wasn't there anymore makes me jump for joy. Seeeing/feeling these cjhnages is what keeps me going. My Grand Canyon of a hiding place is now just a hill, valley, hill to get to my leg. I just couldn't stop feeling it. It just truly amazes me that the body can change so drastically. I mean how does it do it? How does is shrink and expand so well? Just amazing! Such a thought gave me extreme hope for the rest of my body to continue to shrink down.

I've always considered myself 'big boned,' but now as I'm melting down perhaps there is a small frame underneath this all?

I've definitely noticed my wrist shrinking. Who knew that I stored fat in my wrist, but I have shrank 4 holes in my watch band! FOUR!

ok, Somehow I'm rambled on and on.....
Thanks for reading.....
I'd consider you medium or small frame. I'm 170 lbs and have 16 1/2 inch calves lol.
I read somewhere (although don't know how reliable it is) that if you put your hand around your wrist that:
if you can't wrap your hand around it- you're bigboned,
if you can do it perfectly you are medium boned,
and if you can do it with a lot of xtra space then you are small boned.
walawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
slingmama4's Avatar
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,864
My Mood:
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walawala View Post
Uhh... you look like a skinny lady in a big ladys clothes in the after pics!!! Your face and neck have gotten so thin!!! You look really good and you actually look younger now. In the before pic the buttons on your shirt arekind of sitting on top of your boobs (At least that's what happens to me- My boobs are pretty big hehe) and in your after you can tell that you've lost inches because the buttons are kind of hanging down inbetween your chest. And WOW at the pants pulling that far out!!! I've dreamt of doing that!!!! You must feel awesome and I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you so much for your assessment of my new forming body. I really mean that. It is hard for me to see the differences when I have clothes on sometimes and so nice to hear other's critique (good and bad). It is very motivating!

Crazy thing is the more I loose weight the more I tend to look like a young vesion of my mother... Just kidding. She a beautiful lady and I'd love to look like her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walawala View Post
I'd consider you medium or small frame. I'm 170 lbs and have 16 1/2 inch calves lol.
I read somewhere (although don't know how reliable it is) that if you put your hand around your wrist that:
if you can't wrap your hand around it- you're bigboned,
if you can do it perfectly you are medium boned,
and if you can do it with a lot of xtra space then you are small boned.
I just did the test and my fingers reach all the way around my wrist and can easily touch! So, guess that means I'm a medium frame? Yippie!My wrist measures 6.5" Just curious...what does yours measure? My goal weight is 170! My calves are curently 16". I have skinny legs.
__________________
Jesus-loving, Unschooling, FREEBIRTHING Mommy to a bunch!
Rylan,Nolan,Gideon,Layla,Lincoln,Lulah , Evangeline and a New Baby in my tummy
slingmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #26
BeckyP's Avatar
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,131
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

do you have a face book or blog so we can follow you?
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #27
Rainshine Designs's Avatar
Rainshine Designs
Registered User
formerly "meganbathgate"
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Coast of Canada, the beautiful Sunshine Coast
Posts: 3,277
My Mood:
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyP View Post
do you have a face book or blog so we can follow you?
Yvonne's going viral! No, really, you're so inspirational and I love your insights and the way you share them
__________________
Megan~proudly -ian WAHM

Enter code DSMAMA at checkout to receive 5% off your order.
Rainshine Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #28
Lu&Ce'sMommy's Avatar
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 1,964
My Mood:
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Wow maybe someday I'll find the motivation and stamina you did! Congrats!
__________________
Michelle~Nurse to many Wife to DH, Nate 09/23/06 and Mommy to Lucas 2/28/09 and Cecelia 2/27/11! Fur babies Stampy and Kimber. ~No man is a failure who has friends~
Lu&Ce'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #29
walawala
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,135
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingmama4 View Post


I just did the test and my fingers reach all the way around my wrist and can easily touch! So, guess that means I'm a medium frame? Yippie!My wrist measures 6.5" Just curious...what does yours measure? My goal weight is 170! My calves are curently 16". I have skinny legs.
I just measured mine- They are 6.5'' too. I'm pretty short 5' 2 1/2" The biggest part of my thigh 23''
chest 41''
waist 33''
belly button 39''
hips 42''
bicep 13''

I know you didn't ask but thought you might be curious. I'm thinking you're taller so you will look much better at 170 than I do!! If I was 300 lbs you'd have to roll me out of my house.
walawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #30
slingmama4's Avatar
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,864
My Mood:
Re: 50 pounds gone forever! (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyP View Post
do you have a face book or blog so we can follow you?
Nope. Just DS. I've thought about starting a blog many times to help just document my weightloss, but have been too lazy/afraid to start one. Plus, now that I'm in the midst of my weightloss I feel kinda overwelmed to stat it and trying ti catch up the blog, kwim? I don't know maybe I should just copy and past all my weightloss posts off DS onto a blog and start now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine Designs View Post
Yvonne's going viral! No, really, you're so inspirational and I love your insights and the way you share them
Thanks, friend! I love your stalking.

walawala~ HA! That is crazy! I am 5'10, so just a smidge taller than you. Our bicep, thigh, calf, and wrist are right at the same measurements. That's so cool! I've always had such skinny chicken legs and big gut! Now to get the rest of me to look like 170 pounds!
__________________
Jesus-loving, Unschooling, FREEBIRTHING Mommy to a bunch!
Rylan,Nolan,Gideon,Layla,Lincoln,Lulah , Evangeline and a New Baby in my tummy
slingmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.