Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Re: I got into little disagreement today

Just curious, do they also have a minimum height for their boosters?

Advertisement

Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
There is no way that she met the requirements of that seat because there are no booster seats that say a child under 3 can use them.
I can't remember what the seat was, maybe an Evenflo? But I know she did say that her daughter met both the height and weight requirements. I'm not sure if the seat had an age requirememt also. It doesn't matter now because she did move her to a different harnessed seat (because she kept undoing the seatbelt).
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
She scoffed at me and said "are you sure it is law and not just AAP recommendations b/c my dh is a Dr."
I'm trying to process why her doctor husband thinks AAP recommendations are not important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
Dorel seats have a 1 year age minimum for their boosters (including their backless boosters).
I have a friend who turned her son around at 1 year into a backless booster. Her doctor told her to (and I believe her, she's an honest person) because "he's such a big boy."
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
sugacube
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried to have this converstaion with my SIL. (nephew is 36 lbs and 3 in dec). She just thinks it is pointless to spend the money, especially since he is riding around in his brothers handed down 3 point harness, so a booster is safer anyway. UGH. Oh and she told me that when nephew was an infant and outgrew his bucket seat ICBC informed her to turn the bucket seat FF till he was a year. OMG, really. Like 2 years ago. Then she referenced that the reason I am so concerned about carseats and stuff is because I clothdiaper and am weird. Umm, no. I know lots of people who ERF, and see it around alot too. It`s because it is safer.