Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #41
Registered Users
Re: Synagis....

We got them before we left the hospital. Both years.. dd got 7 rounds last year, ds has had 4 rounds so far. We actually came in contact with a baby that had rsv, not knowingly, and we didn't get it!!! I was disappointed dd didn't qualify for them this year

NYMommy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Synagis....

DS was a full term healthy baby who got RSV at 6 months old (I didnt even know about RSV then) and ever since has had terrible episodes of wheezing when he gets a cold. He was on a nebulizer essentially from last September until January when I pulled him out of daycare in preparation for the birth of DD (didnt want him sick and getting her sick).

DD was born with undiagnosed heart issues that required surgery at 1 week old. She is now a healthy 12lb 10 weeker needing no meds or restrictions. She qualified for Synagis and has gotten her first round and will get her monthly shot all next winter. Now, both kids will be at home (no daycare germs) so hopefully between that, and Synagis next winter will be different! All that to say, I fully support Synagis!
April-Wife to hopeless romantic nuclear submariner DH WOHM to my rambunctious snuggler DS (08/10) who was born SMILING. and DD (2/13) my hero
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote