Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:
HELP! Was completely trained...now totally regressed

OK, my now 33 month old boy has completely regressed on the potty. At 24-30 months (6 months!) he was totally day trained. Would tell me when he needed to go and everything. I was in seventh heaven... Even if we were outside playing, he would say "potty!" and we would go inside go potty, and then back outside to play.

Then our twins arrived this summer. DS has COMPLETELY regressed, and I've tried different methods, but no success.

If you time him and MAKE him go, it works...but I'm so busy, I'd like to get back to where he will tell me.

The PROBLEM is he could care less if he's wet. I put him in cotton underwear. When he pees, it doesn't faze him! I ask him, do you want to go potty, and he says, "No." I don't know if I should go ahead and change him, wait until he is so uncomfortable that he will say yes. Do I make him clean up his pee on the carpet? Do I get the "potty watch" for him to wear? I've tried praising him.

I thought it would be temporary, but it's been 4 months! The one good thing, is he still tells me he has to go poop. THANK THE LORD FOR THAT! But for pee, he just doesn't care.

I should add, we originally trained him w/ the 3 day method, and it worked great for him. Any advice?

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Re: HELP! Was completely trained...now totally regressed

mama! Im in the same boat with my dd. She was potty trained and then one thing after another changed (mainly a pregnancy and baby) and she full time in diapers again. It can be very frustrating. My DS did this also when I was pregnant with DD. I finally just gave up and resigned myself to changing his diaper forever. I used to say Im going to walk him down the aisle at his wedding and hand his wife a bag of pampers but right before his 4th birthday he finally decided he was ready to quit using diapers for real and he hasnt looked back since. Im sure my daughter will get there too but for now Im just waiting.... My only advice would be to be patient and when theyre ready to be done with diapers they will stop pottying themselves. It wasnt until I quit pushing DS in that direction that he finally went back to the potty full time.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

My DD is doing this too!!! We are also going on 4 months of regression and I had a baby (4 months ). We were pushing her but quit. I just bought trainers and if she pees/poos in them i just change her into a diaper and she is sleeping in a diaper for naps and at night. We bribe her with candy ( m& ms) if she poos in the potty but that so far isn't working. I guess I have to be patient and let her decide when she is ready again. Sigh

Good luck mama.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
jenthe10
Registered Users

Same here! My DS is the same age as yours. We have a 1 yo DD so I dont think the new sis is the prob, but my husbands work schedule just changed....thats the only thing I can think of that might be causing it. He was fully trained just after turning 2 and had a little regression a few months ago, but it was truly accidents, playign and forgetting, etc. Now he pees and doesnt care. We're lucky he still tells us when he has to poop too! He actually fights using the potty now. He's slowly getting a little better again. He loves stickers so we've been giving him 1 every time he uses the potty. I also asked him the other day if he needed to wear diapers again and he was like NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo! and then used the potty. He does clean up his own pee about half the time as well.
jenthe10 is offline   Reply With Quote