Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
3 across the back in a T and C '06?

Our current setup is 3 year old in a Marathon and 5 year old in a Regent in the back of the mini van with the 19 month old RF (Marathon) in the passenger side middle captains chair. The Marathon and Regent in the back take up the entire bench. I keep the other captains chair down in sto and go. I LOVE this set up- there is room for me to get in and out of the van to buckle my kids, we use that space for snack times when out, and storage for when we travel.
We are expecting #4 in January. Is there a way to get all 3 boys in the back bench seat? The 19 month old will stay RF for awhile yet, but I need an option to where all 3 seats can be FF as well.
I know this means new car seats, but would love to know if this is possible.

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: 3 across the back in a T and C '06?

I have never seen inside a T&C but Im sure it is possible. Certainly not with a Regent though as that seat is just a beast. I can fit three across in my back row of an 05 Nissan Quest using different combos of 2 Radians and Turbobooster/Parkway, Nautilus and 2 Radians, 2 Radians and Marathon...

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No kidding! We call the Regent- "The Throne"
You can get 2 radians and a marathon across your back seat?? Hmmmm...
I hope this isn't a silly question, but how long can a 5 year old last in a Radian? I got the Regent so he could be a in a 5 point harness for awhile... If we look into new carseats, the current marathon and regent will go in DH's car (which would be helpful to have 2 carseats in his car).
Which Radian model do you have? I've never seen the radian- only read about them here...
Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon607 View Post
No kidding! We call the Regent- "The Throne"
You can get 2 radians and a marathon across your back seat?? Hmmmm...
I hope this isn't a silly question, but how long can a 5 year old last in a Radian? I got the Regent so he could be a in a 5 point harness for awhile... If we look into new carseats, the current marathon and regent will go in DH's car (which would be helpful to have 2 carseats in his car).
Which Radian model do you have? I've never seen the radian- only read about them here...
2 radians and a marathon is a combination that is very narrow, provided that the radians are opposite directions and next to each other and the marathon is next to the radian going the same direction. (So, either RF marathon/RF radian/FF radian or FF marathon/FF radian/RF radian.) If you want them all facing the same direction, your best bet is to put the marathon in the middle. It will probably be a little wider than the situation where the radians face different directions, but still relatively narrow.

A child will usually outgrow a radian about 1-2 years after he/she outgrows a marathon. So, where are your child's shoulders in relation to the top harness position on a marathon? That will give you an idea of how much time he has in a radian.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote