Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
jsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Selling Breast Milk

Here you go.
http://www.onlythebreast.com/

Advertisement

FacebookGallaryRavelry
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Olivias Momma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just checked out that link and WOW. I didnt know people like that existed.

OP-Good luck

YARN DESTASH here
Olivias Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would never buy breast milk. I am so thankful for my donor. I paid her pump rental and storage bags and she never asked for more. Bless her.

I think it's great that you donated your milk for so long, OP. In my opinion, you should find another way to make money.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

There was something in my grandmothers paper(boston globe?) she sent me the article. About how people buy breast milk at $3 an oz for their children and cancer patients. I'm not sure how to find a buyer tho
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
Honeymommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpsych2be View Post
I would never buy breast milk. I am so thankful for my donor. I paid her pump rental and storage bags and she never asked for more. Bless her.

I think it's great that you donated your milk for so long, OP. In my opinion, you should find another way to make money.
I agree.

Hope things turn around for you guys soon!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #16
burnurcomputer
Registered Users

What about offering your services as a wet nurse? You can ask at local hospitals or even call a midwife in your area and ask for help in getting started. I wish that I had breasts that were fonts of milk I have to give my 8 month old mostly formula (the whole stinkin time) because even with supplements and teas my milk has been super low for this guy. You would think that they know what they are doing after the first 3 and make milk for number 4!!!!
burnurcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #17
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtchica View Post
the only people willing to buy it would probably be pervs, because moms can typically get it for free via milkshare and similar organizations.
the main reason I've seen it discouraged is that people are concerned that mothers would sell breastmilk they should be feeding their babies to supplement income. WIC gives formula for free, so while i don't know how valid that concern is i can see why it's been expressed. obviously that's not the case for anyone with oversupply (i had that too), but that's why there's a stigma.
Not true - I was not able to get more than 20oz off of milkshare for Kara when I was looking. I would have gladly paid someone local for their milk!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
dandasmommy
Registered Users
seller

I looked at that link briefly and wow, I don't know that I would click on some of those posts...
dandasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

OK, I'll probably get flamed, but does it matter if it's pervs buying the milk? Money is money, and if moms won't buy it and you have a need for the cash, what's the big deal? You don't have to ask what they are doing with it. JMO. Any "mom" you sell it to could be a perv herself. You don't really know, you know?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpsych2be View Post

I've been a milk donor for almost a year now, and I really don't think I could sell my milk - regardless of how tight our finances get. The moms I donate too need this milk for their sick children... charging them for it just seems wrong, IMHO.

I know you didn't ask for opinions, but you should think about it how you'd feel, selling your milk - especially since you were a donor. You know how desperate some of these moms are... and of course some would be willing to pay top dollar for breast milk. But I don't think any milk donor could sell her milk and not feel guilty about it.