Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:
What's cooking this weekend?

Two weeks ago we had a thread where we posted what we were making/baking. I got some great ideas from it. Thought we'd do another one!

Cheesy Potato Soup
This is the recipe that Sara (myfrugallife) posted.
I used reg. potatoes. I peeled and then cooked for about 20-30 min. to soften them up. We'll see how it turns out.

I plan on making homemade applesauce later today.

I don't have a huge list of things to make, but I'd like to get some muffins or maybe even some breakfast sandwiches/pancakes made for the week. Since I was sick this past week, the house is a mess and I have a bunch of school work to do.

Advertisement

debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Re: What's cooking this weekend?

My oven broke a few days ago so I wasn't planning on making anything BUT, the part just arrived via Fedex (on a Saturday!!) After dh installs it I'm going to make a cheesy potato and ham casserole for supper, and then probably some chocolate chip cookies tonight And if I can fit it in, some raisin oatmeal cookies I'm the only one who likes them so I eat every. single. cookie
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm on the 2nd loaf of bread in the breadmaker because the kids & DH ate the first one within 15 minutes of it coming out of the breadmaker earlier this morning. I made chocolate chip cookie dough last night & its sitting in the fridge in a big bowl waiting to be baked...well, if I stop snitching a spoonful everytime I open the fridge Homemade vegetable soup is going on the stove in a couple hours, no bake cookies tonight to send home with the IL's tomorrow when they come for lunch. Tomorrow we're probably just doing toasted english muffins & fruit for breakfast because we're sleeping in, lunch will be pork loin, mashed potatoes w/gravy, and steamed veggies. Probably leftovers for supper. I *might* make a couple pumpkin pies at some point this weekend, not sure.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
lookatreestar
Registered Users

we are giving crock pot lasagna a test drive tonight

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
DreamingTree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Made Chicken Stroganoff that I picked up from the $5 meal thread. And, after a nap (being preggo is making me sleep ALL THE TIME!) I want to try making raisin bread for breakfasts.

After reading this thread I want a bowl of choco chip cookie dough hanging out in my fridge that I could have a few tastes of. But, I don't have chocolate chips to make it. Wonder if I could use chunk chocolate?

My toddler hit me right on the bridge of my nose when he threw his sippy cup. It hurt so bad it made me cry, and drew blood. I need cookie dough since I can't drink wine :-)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not much. I am making pork tacos with leftover pork ribs and then we have a birthday party tomorrow, so I don't think I am going to cook anything. I may have to brown-bag it for the party though because I am dairy free =/
Old 11-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Crockpot chicken, baked acorn squash and brussel sprouts. Yum!

I made some icebox truffles this morning (seed/nut butter, honey, vanilla, dried coconut shreds mixed up in put a pan lined with wax paper in the freezer. Drool. Planning on making cinnamon raisin bread (grain free- made with almond flour) tomorrow probably.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
emilim
Registered Users
seller

Dinner tonight is tuna cakes (from the $5 meal thread but I use scallions and salsa in place of carrots and relish to give it some Mexican flair ) and at some point I need to make banana bread/muffins with the overripe bananas I have sitting on my counter...

Not this weekend, but after the above post I'm going to be making pork tacos later in the week - great idea!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today I baked a pumpkin pie (shell was store bought, but I make my own pumpkin puree from a real pumpkin, so it evens out ) and because I had a bit leftover, a little dish of pumpkin pie filling for DD and I to share (kind of like pumpkin creme brulee LOL).
I reheated frozen pasta from a couple weeks ago for dinner though, and had grilled cheese for lunch with apple slices. I was sewing all day, so really busy and I needed quick meals

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a 13 lb turkey in the freezer that my work gave me for christmas last year, and since we aren't having thanksgiving here this year I roasted that puppy up this morning. Then I peeled about 15 lbs of potatoes just now. We're having early thanksgiving dinner tonight. With the extra spuds I found a recipe to do freezer mashed potatoes that looks good, and I'll debone the rest of the turkey and use it to do some freezer meals as well. I'm also hoping to get some pumpkin pie made and maybe some muffins if I have energy. For lunch tomorow we're having 7 layer bean dip, and for dinner we're having greek dish (a one dish skillet with potatoes, stewed tomatoes, italian sausage or hamburger). So that's my plan for the weekend.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote