Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
jessandkaitlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's cooking this weekend?

Yesterday I baked brownies for dessert because my parents brought over dinner. Then I baked a cake and a loaf of bread. Today we ate leftover pizza for lunch and are eating boneless country style ribs with onion rings, corn and peas with cheese (so yummy...can of peas, miracle whip, sprinkle of sugar and cubes of cheese. Mix it all together and let sit overnight in the fridge so the flavors mix. I like cubed velvetta in mine but some like cheddar. I am not a big cheese fan but I do like this) . Tommorrow my amish bread starter is done so I am baking up two loaves of that, Dh is making his tater tot casserole for dinner.

I never plan out lunches because DH is never here for them except weekends and then we usually do a brunch so we only eat 2 meals that day and the kids snack in between if they are hungry. We will probably do "camping eggs", sausage and pancakes for brunch.

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I came to start this thread and you beat me to it! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I have a chicken in the crockpot that I will debone tonight for chicken noodle soup on Monday and chicken fried rice on Tuesday. This afternoon an arm roast went in the pressure cooker-half got cubed and went into veggie beef soup and the other half went into the freezer-I'll thaw it and add potatoes and carrots for lunch on Wednesday. I also made Taco soup for supper tonight. Tomorrow my plan is to do my baking/sweet stuff-a batch on cinnamon rolls to freeze for snack on Wednesday, pear muffins for breakfasts and mini pancakes (9 batches) to take for DD2's after school care program (I trade 2 homemade snacks for 4 days of care). And, if I have time, I'll make a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
My oven broke a few days ago so I wasn't planning on making anything BUT, the part just arrived via Fedex (on a Saturday!!) After dh installs it I'm going to make a cheesy potato and ham casserole for supper, and then probably some chocolate chip cookies tonight And if I can fit it in, some raisin oatmeal cookies I'm the only one who likes them so I eat every. single. cookie
Have you ever tried Smitten Kitchen's oatmeal cookie recipe? I would consider myself an oatmeal raisin cookie conniseur, and these are the best I've ever eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
Crockpot chicken, baked acorn squash and brussel sprouts. Yum!

I made some icebox truffles this morning (seed/nut butter, honey, vanilla, dried coconut shreds mixed up in put a pan lined with wax paper in the freezer. Drool. Planning on making cinnamon raisin bread (grain free- made with almond flour) tomorrow probably.
Would you share your recipe? I make GF snacks for one of my dc kids and he loves c-r toast, but the tapioca bread that I buy is astronomically expensive. I would love to find an alternative. Thanks.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm baking a double batch of cranberry and white chocloate chip cookies. I bake a double batch of cookies each week in November....one batch goes in the freezer (fo Christmas time, holiday parties, gifts...etc...) and the other my family eats during the week. I did this last year and it was SO nice just to pull out a bach of cookies out of the freezer to take to a party or an event.
new_mommy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH smoked a whole chicken on the grill tonight. Had it w/ roast potatoes, butternut squash and peas. YUM!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I made cookies today. But they were the frozen kind from a school fundraiser. lol
White Chocolate Macadamia nut. Yum

Maybe bread in the bread maker tomorrow. I did make homemade scalloped potatoes with ham yesterday. Just like my mom used to make.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_mommy78 View Post
I'm baking a double batch of cranberry and white chocloate chip cookies. I bake a double batch of cookies each week in November....one batch goes in the freezer (fo Christmas time, holiday parties, gifts...etc...) and the other my family eats during the week. I did this last year and it was SO nice just to pull out a bach of cookies out of the freezer to take to a party or an event.
Care to share the recipe? Those sound goooood

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #17
Leeldoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tonight we had crockpot chili and cornbread, tomorrow leftover chicken is becoming enchiladas and we will be having pirate stew on Monday night.
Leeldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post
Care to share the recipe? Those sound goooood
They are great! I could eat a whole batch by myself!
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets (DON"T FORGET TO DO THIS!!) I forgot to grease them once and it was a mess!!
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring cooling racks

They freeze GREAT and they are pretty much a "no fail" recipe (gotta love those!) ENJOY!
new_mommy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #19
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatreestar View Post
we are giving crock pot lasagna a test drive tonight
I am planning crock pot lasagna for this week, too

I have made it before, but this time I am going to break up the noodles first to see how he texture turns out.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #20
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Slow cooking weekend so far- this morning I made bisquick biscuits and bacon and egg sandwiches. And for dinner tonight I made our 2 weekly homemade thin crust pizzas. There is always a good size ball of dough left, so I collect those in the freezer for future convenience.

Tomorrow I am making a Cherry Pork Roast and mashed potatoes. Then, with the leftovers I plan on getting 2 more meals- pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, and if there is still enough meat left, Pork LoMein with Stir Fry Veggies.

I am also sharing the BBQ with a friend who just had a baby. Their oldest ds has egg, dairy and nut allergies, so I need to be extra careful. I am baking my own bread for the BBQ sandwiches, so I can do dairy free without worries of added secret ingredients.

Last edited by Shellyluwho; 11-06-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammarical error- sorry, I couldn't stand it
Shellyluwho is offline   Reply With Quote