Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Please HELP!! My Pasta is ALWAYS sticky!!!!

I cannot believe I have never seen this board here before!! After being on this board for SO long, how have I missed it all these years??? I am so excited to start looking at all of the crock-pot recipes and ideas from everyone!! I am always in need of new ideas.

Right now I really need help with my pasta!!! I have tried everything I have read online about how to make pasta. I cannot get anything to make it not stick together. I don't know if I am cooking it too long or not using enough water or what I am doing. I just want to make pasta and have it not wind up in one big clump!! Please give me your thoughts and what your tricks are for making the perfect not-sticky pasta!!

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Naturally Wise
Registered Users
Formerly: kickboxkay
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please HELP!! My Pasta is ALWAYS sticky!!!!

Homemade pasta, yum!! I've only boiled ready made pasta, but after it's been drained, mine will always stick if I don't toss in a little oil right away. Not sure if that would help with your homemade pasta, though. Good luck!
Naturally Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I add EVOO and salt to the water when it comes to a boil, before I add the pasta.

BTW - I love this section too. My absolute favorite is the Thrifty Families section though!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

bring your water to a full boil, add it in slowly while stirring. Stir every minute or so. Long noodles like spaghetti stick only if theyre allowed to rest too long or if the water isnt hot enough when you add it. Breaking it in half makes it easier to manage. I use an 8" across pot for 1/2 lb of pasta or my larger 12" pot for a whole lb.

Youll know your pasta is done because you can throw a noodle at the wall and it should stick.

After you drain either add your sauce right away or add some butter or EVOO and mix it well to use later.
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
KrispiKreme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Make sure your water is at a rolling boil before you put in your pasta. Salt your water. Don't bother with oil in the water. It really doesn't help keep anything from sticking. Stir your pasta often (once a minute ish) and taste a piece long before you think it will be done. Overdone pasta sticks together regardless of what you do. When you drain it, don't rinse your pasta. Just don't. Add your sauce, butter, or oil soon after draining.
Kristen- tattooed, pierced, athiest, semi crunchy, wannabe thrifty, ,, SAHM to Parker- my crazy squealing, hair pulling, no sleeping ball of energy who has been driving me crazy since 7/18/10 and my sweet chubby newbie Zachary who was an apocalypse baby (12/21/12)
KrispiKreme is offline   Reply With Quote