Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
Mammamonkey
Registered Users

Please recommend an infant potty SEAT

Looking for a potty SEAT (not chair) that fits on the toilet for a 4 mo old. I wanted the bumbo toilet trainer but apparently its no longer sold in the US. I will still be holding him for now, just need something to help take some of the weight off. Can someone with experience please recommend a potty seat that is good for a tiny bum.

Our background:
I heard a little bit about EC while preg. with my 3rd child. Very interested but knew with returning to work full-time and busy with two other older children I would not be able to do it. Then when DS was about 7 weeks he woke up ealry one morning (6 a.m.) figiting, tooting and grunting, rather than wait for him to soil his diaper and potentially blowout, I figured, why not? and took him to the toilet. I staddled the pot backwards with him and he immediately went. We've been doing it ever since. It helps that he is pretty regular and almost always goes first thing in the morning. I usually only take him for #2early in the morning. He pees way too much for me to even think about trying take him for pee and I have no idea what his pee cues are other than a dry diaper after a little while (which is very rare). When he slows down a bit, I'll try. Now he's 4mo, getting bigger, heavier and more playfull making it hard to hold on to him. He's been kicking the back of the seat lid and almost kicked me off the other side. I also have mild Rheumatoid Arthritis which makes it hard to grip him for extended period of time. We have a little generic baby bjorn type potty chair, he's used once. I prefer using the toilet to avoid the extra step of having to clean out the little potty chair.

TIA for any suggestions you may have.

Advertisement

Mammamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Re: Please recommend an infant potty SEAT

How tiny is your 4 month old? I have this one from Walmart that we've used since DS was about 6 months old, but he's pretty big for his age. We never had a problem with it being too big, and I love the squishiness of the seat and the nice high pee shield.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
laur318
Registered Users
seller

I did use the baby bjorn. good luck in our search!
remember EC doesnt have to be an all or nothing thing. so you can catch one pee a day or 10, you still use less diapers and baby feels less wet
great job mama!
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
laur318
Registered Users
seller

oh, i didnt see the post above me. we have a potty seat like that with the pee shield but i didnt think about the 4 month old sitting on there. i recommend those too, go see one in person to figure out if he'll fit
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use the Baby Bjorn ones, too - they don't slide around or leave red marks like the cushy ones we used to have from Walmart.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
LadyCoconut
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the cheapest one wal-mart sold, I didn't see it on their site but it was plain white and called cushy tushy or something. No pee shield or anything fancy but its worked great for us. Lately she prefers the BBLP though.
LadyCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought the potette travel potty from Babies R US. It works great and folds up if you want to take it with you somewhere.