Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Erinne
Registered Users

holds it forever, but won't use potty!

My 15 month old dd can hold her pee when she's naked or wearing trainers for hours, but she absolutely won't go on the potty. We have a BBLP and a seat for the top of the big toilet, but it doesn't seem to matter which I try her on. I've tried laying a prefold over the potty so it feels more like what she's used to, but that was a no go too. I'm afraid it might be kinda my fault because when we first started trying a lot of naked time a few months ago, I wasn't really thinking and when she started to pee on the floor I, um, kinda yelled at her . Not in a mean way, just like, "OH, OH, OH, potty, potty, potty!!!!" and grabbed her and ran mid-pee, and I think I've maybe scared her too much for her to want me to know when she's peeing . I definitely don't do that anymore (I really just didn't think it through!), but the damage seems to be done. Anyway, and ideas for how I can get her to pee on the potty? Like I said, she can hold it forever, but if I end up having to put a diaper on her to go out or bed or whatever, she immediately goes, or if I don't, she'll just eventually pee on the floor. If she does, I calmly say "uh oh, pee pee goes in the potty" and she will go get a towel to clean it up by herself (so cute!), but she just doesn't seem to get it.
Oh, just for back-story, we started very minimal part-time ecing when she was tiny over the sink and she was doing pretty well, but around 10 months she had an intense strike and we're just now trying to get back into things. But that was over the sink (which she won't do now, I've tried); she's never peed on the potty or big toilet.

Advertisement