Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #21
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any interest in a "New to EC" chat thread?

whoops, the earlier post just now showed up so I don't need this one

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
wantsanother
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all.. we aren't pg yet, but TTC and my DH was sold fairly fast on CDing, I metioned EC to him casually and he's on board to give it a go. I was shocked. He's even told a few people, with pride, that we are going to BF, CD and EC. I love it.
wantsanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Whoo hoo!!!!!! Just got home from work and caught a poo!
So exciting! Seriously, we have been so successful with pees but poops are still fairly elusive. I made a "puh puh puh" cue while he pooped, which he thought was funny. I am reading "Diaper Free: Natural Infant Hygiene" by Ingid Bauer and there was a part that talks about just focusing on your intuition and it worked! The thought, "Time for the potty" just popped into my head and I took him even though DH said he just caught a big pee. It's ridiculous how stoked I am!

It IS exciting! I'm so glad I'm not alone when I catch poops and it makes my day. I have a ninja pooper. Intuition has helped me make more catches.

This morning was a miss, but I was downstairs with my MIL and the potty was within arms' reach of both of us. We were playing with Elisha and he just totally looked up at us and pooooped! Then she said, "I was about to ask if he needed to go."

And I said, "Me too."

So we laughed about our intuitions while we cleaned up the poor baby who went in his diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I guess my thing is that I get so like "all or nothing" and get all nervous and put him on there ALL the time. I don't want him to get sick of it....honestly, I remember this same feeling PL my older kids (around 2-3yrs old) I would keep rushing them to the potty like every 10 min for days. Then I relaxed. I know for now, I won't keep him diaper-free when his brothers are all here and passing him around and when we are out. I will keep cueing him but does anyone just not cue and put their babes on the potty and the babies just make the connection? (like they get taken off when they are done going potty?).
I love the idea of a potty cozy. I was thinking the same thing and trying to figure out how to make a cheap one.
I get nervous that I put DS on the potty too much, too. I always have to tell myself to relax. Sometimes, it's just because I am the one who gets excited when he goes on the potty ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantsanother View Post
Hi all.. we aren't pg yet, but TTC and my DH was sold fairly fast on CDing, I metioned EC to him casually and he's on board to give it a go. I was shocked. He's even told a few people, with pride, that we are going to BF, CD and EC. I love it.
You have a keeper! Mine is the same way, only he suggested cloth diapers first. I was the one who brought up EC. So, we're even.

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
Winter
Registered Users
seller

I have a question:
How does one differentiate between late ECing and early Potty Training?
I ask because I have been pretty busy to give ECing the full attention it deserves in order to establish a routine, but my 21 month old DS is seeming to be interested in the potty now. He has also taken to removing his BGs, so trainers are definitely more favorable for us right now. I really don't mind if he wets them, but it would be nice we could get him on board. Whenever we remove his undies or his dipes, he says "Noh nooooh", as if to say he knows that he'd rather them be dry and clean. We have helped him learn the sounds when we see him peeing or pooping, but so far not made many catches at all. Last week, he almost peed on my hard drive and I noticed him stop mid-stream and look up in surprise.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #25
A&EsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

hi everyone,

i knew i liked ecing but now i really love ecing. ds just got over his first stomache bug thanks to ecing i only had 5 poopy diapers over the whole 4 days. each time it was my fault. he would squawk at me but i moved to slow. although i know i need to get him a teeny potty because holding him over the toilet so much killed my back. he went for dh for the first time too (normally he won't) funny i never thought i would be so happy over someone using the potty
Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #26
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Winter, I think that you are EC-ing bc you are communicating with your son....does that make sense?

Ok, so we started on the 17th of this month. We have caught about 5-7 pees a day in the potty. He doesn't really cue that he needs to go, as far as I can tell, I just take him every so often. Sometimes, he will be dry for HOURS and then pee in the potty and then 10 min later, his diaper is wet. He is pretty laid back, so he lets me take him potty, and if he doesn't have to go, he straightens his legs to look back at me and arches to me (I hold him over the big toilet 99% of the time).
Every morning, I put him on the IKEA potty on our bed (when he is up for the day, not just kinda awake) and he pushes and poops. And sometimes during the day when he is peeing, he poops a bit. Until yesterday, we have had NO poopy diapers in the week and a half we have been doing this. Yesterday, he didn't poop at all- which I know they sometimes go days w/o pooping, but he had been pooping every morning for a long time. So I kept offering and he would pee and not poop. This morning, it was SUPER early for me (and I am fighting a UTI) and he laying with me kind of fussing. So, I tried to nurse him, usually he closes his eyes and nurses back to sleep. He didn't want to nurse and his eyes were wide open. I heard what sounded like gas and he nursed a bit and went back to sleep. When he got up for the morning, he had poop in his diaper. I feel HORRID bc he was actually letting me know he had to poop and i was too lazy and tired. I am not stressing, as far as I don't mind changing him, etc, but if he was communicating to me and I ignored it...*bad mom* moment.

how is everyone else doing?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #27
A&EsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

bluedaisyma- it's a bummer that you miss read his communicating but now you'll know for the next time. it's hard to kick into high gear first thing in the morning.

afm- i've hit my first bump in ecing. since it's became cold ds doesn't want to go near the bathroom unless he really has to poop. dh doesn't want a potty chair outside the bathroom because he thinks it will teach ds to go in inappropriate places. *sigh* i'm going to try a space heater in the bathroom.

how about everyone else?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #28
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've got some teething going on here, so DS isn't as good at cueing anymore. Also, a lot of milestones (he's standing, pulling up, and cruising), so he's often too busy to let me know he's gotta go.

That said, today he went diaperless all day and we only had 2 misses. No poop today, though. I'm nervous about going out in the car tonight to pick up pizza, though. He's really been enjoying pooping in the car.

I think DS isn't a fan of the potty sometimes at night because it's chilly. I need to make a cover.

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #29
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im not new to Ec'ing, but im EC'ing a new one can i join?
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Winter, I think that you are EC-ing bc you are communicating with your son....does that make sense?
Yes! I was just wondering what others thought because he is getting older.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote