Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

3 Day Support Group?

I know in the summer there was one of these going on.

Is anyone interested in going at it again this week? Maybe starting on Tuesday? I have some errands to run this week and could just use Monday to get everything done.

It really helps to know you aren't in this completely alone - especially when your partner doesn't completely support it

He keeps telling me a should potty train her since I am home right now but thinks just pull ups is the way to go..she uses them as a DIAPER..they feel like a diaper, look like a diaper & WORK like a diaper. (Right now we are using them as diapers cuz we ran out of regular ones and I REFUSE to buy more - another rant as to why I can't use my cd's anymore, lol)

Advertisement

moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Re: 3 Day Support Group?

Count me in! Although I just posted a question on what exactly it was because I don't know all about it. I know OF it, but not how to do it.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could definitely get in on this.

DD is 21 months. We did cotton dipes (no stay-dry) and also EC'ed since day one, though never exclusively. She has not peed at night/naps since she was a few months old and is about 50% on pooping in the potty. Our house is all tile and we live on a farm, so she is diaper-free and often goes outside to pee, or pees on the floor. She totally, totally gets the potty idea, but just is too busy living life to get there in time, it seems.

After a nasty stomach bug last week, we are encouraged to PL, because she absolutely had conniption fits if she had diarrhea in her diapers.

So, we went out yesterday and picked out panties. (Holy hell, finding panties for a 20 lbs, skinny, tall 21 month old is a huge challenge. Gap had the nicest ones, but I'll have to take them in. The poorly made Hanes ones are baggy but stay up. The Hello Kitty ones from Target fit pretty darn well, just FYI to mamas of tiny ones.) I would really prefer to have the Hanna trainers, to go through less pants in a day, but they won't fit her.

She tells me the moment she peed, or as she peed, or a few seconds before. If I catch her before, she'll wait. She absolutely has control and understanding. We just have a hump to get over and we should do pretty well.

Think I'm going to hit up Target for several warm dresses for easy pottying. No sense making her and my life harder with pants!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
stefaniem
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to give it a go starting tomorrow - I have the whole week off next week. DD is 18 mos and has become very interested in the potty. She will happily sit on it but has only gone a handful of times. Every time she goes pee or poo in her diaper she tells me right away so I am hoping to make some kind of connection this week.
GL everyone!!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

So it has not exactly gone as planned, lol - but good so far somehow.

Tuesday we ended up going to a play group in the morning. I had the idea of changing my mind on the potty training and just letting it go for a bit - I get cranky staying in the house, especially when it is cold out - pathetic I know.

When we got home dd had a pull up still dry from before we left. As more of a joke than anything I asked if she had to go potty. She said yes and she did.

She insisted on putting underwear on after this so I let her.
She had ONE accident all day - a surprise poop caught her in the evening, she told daddy but there just wasn't enough time.

Next day, we ended up going to return some things from a friend and stopped in at the local cloth diaper shop for awhile. While we were there she went poop on THEIR potty...she had went at home in her potty before we left - her reaction was HILARIOUS - she kept repeating that she made a BIG chocolate in the potty.

Yesterday there were no accidents.
Today there was 1-2 - today got a bit hectic when a friend dropped by locked out of her house. She left her kids here with me while she went to get a key from her brother. I had my pl-ing dd, a 18 month old and a 6 WEEK old..of course when I am on the phone with the father of these kids explaining he took his wife's keys and added to her awful day (she has mastitis) my dd starts to take off her pants and run to the potty. By some miracle we made it. She had a poop accident while I was busy watching the other kids for a minute - I am fairly certain if it were just us we would have caught it but no big deal.

Dd has done an excellent job of potty training herself so far, lol.
I am not exactly using the 3 day method but I'm ok with that.

I am still using some of the things that I learned through reading it.
I never TELL dd to go potty or nag her a billion times, just tell her to let me know when she has to go & let her know that we keep our underwear dry.

I don't do any rewards for pee - she has taken to rolling stickers and shoving them up her nose unfortunately. She is happy with an I did it dance and lots of excitement. She loves to tell everyone she keeps her underwear dry and goes peepee in the potty.

For potty bm's we do one dark chocolate covered blueberry/acai berry for motivation (she usually only poops once a day).

She wakes from naps dry and if I were a better morning person I think her night diapers would be dry too - I tend to scoop her up when she walks in to my room and cuddle her for around an hour before getting out of bed.

A few minutes ago she even woke in her sleep just because she had to pee.

Sorry this is long and all over the place - I should really go to bed.

I tried doing the 3 day thing in August but it just wasn't going well for us - we live with my mil & bil and it was just too much with everyone nagging me.

Right now it is much more relaxed and I am leaving it up to dd. I realize this way will likely take much longer but I am alright with that right now. I am still trying to hold on to my little baby who just isn't so little anymore.

I am fairly disappointed that I had to give up my cloth diapers.
Dd is in underwear all day and when we are home but pull ups for out of the house and overnight. At this point I can't justify spending money on trainers she can handle - even off fsot most things take at least 3 weeks and who knows where we will be in that time.

Looking forward to reading about the adventures you guys get to have with pl-ing.

OH TODDLERS =)
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
mamaerinx3
Registered Users
seller

I am so interested in this We're going to start our 3-days on Friday so it's great to hear everyone's progress!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone have a link or know where to find a thread on this "3 Day" thing??? Thanks!!
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Past_VNE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

I bought it and am very happy I did. It had some great tips and tricks that are easy enough, but I wouldn't have thought of them on my own. DD is now 99%pee/100%poop PL when we're out and about and about 50% pee/100%poop at home. (At home, we had been pretty lax about diapers because we're on a farm. So she was used to peeing whereever she wanted. (outside) So, changing that is a big challenge for her, understandably.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

I decided to not buy it...yet. I'm totally game - but I had already started on my own so I wanted to see if that worked. When DS turned two in March we started originally and he did great while naked, but didn't understand NOT going in his undies - I was thinking it might feel too similar to a diaper so he wasn't thinking about it and just doing it? But after about 3-4 months of that, I was over it and it clearly wasn't "clicking" so I took a several month break. Monday we started up again. First day was a little bit of a disaster, but I think I was expecting him to just know what to do with little or no direction since he is getting closer to 3 (Why did I think that? Not sure - totally unfair to him and totally illogical). Tuesday I let him go naked and kept it that way through yesterday evening when we went to the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. I put him in a sposie pull up (we just switched to cloth this week and I only use those dipes for night and nap now - during the day, the goal is undies so I had the sposie pull-up evening last night just to see how it would go). He had only one accident while we were there, and it was a true accident because he ran into the bathroom but couldn't find me to help him and I just missed the chance by the time I got to him. Today he's been in undies and pants all day - I've been asking him to sit on the potty about every 30 minutes, but not pushing it (just for a reminder in case he's forgotten our goal of staying dry!) I check him now and then and point out that he's dry, when he's in the act of peeing, I point out that he's pushing his pee out (hopefully it's forming a connection for him). So we went all morning with no accidents, woohoo! That's the best success we've had - ever! And right before nap, I went into the living room to ask him to sit on the potty and, what do you know, there he was - he had pulled his own undies and pants down, sat himself on the potty, and had gone without even a prompt! Yippee!
Thanks for listening/reading if you are - I am just so thrilled and not sure who to share my glee with since DH is at work!
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieSAHM View Post
I decided to not buy it...yet. I'm totally game - but I had already started on my own so I wanted to see if that worked. When DS turned two in March we started originally and he did great while naked, but didn't understand NOT going in his undies - I was thinking it might feel too similar to a diaper so he wasn't thinking about it and just doing it? But after about 3-4 months of that, I was over it and it clearly wasn't "clicking" so I took a several month break. Monday we started up again. First day was a little bit of a disaster, but I think I was expecting him to just know what to do with little or no direction since he is getting closer to 3 (Why did I think that? Not sure - totally unfair to him and totally illogical). Tuesday I let him go naked and kept it that way through yesterday evening when we went to the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. I put him in a sposie pull up (we just switched to cloth this week and I only use those dipes for night and nap now - during the day, the goal is undies so I had the sposie pull-up evening last night just to see how it would go). He had only one accident while we were there, and it was a true accident because he ran into the bathroom but couldn't find me to help him and I just missed the chance by the time I got to him. Today he's been in undies and pants all day - I've been asking him to sit on the potty about every 30 minutes, but not pushing it (just for a reminder in case he's forgotten our goal of staying dry!) I check him now and then and point out that he's dry, when he's in the act of peeing, I point out that he's pushing his pee out (hopefully it's forming a connection for him). So we went all morning with no accidents, woohoo! That's the best success we've had - ever! And right before nap, I went into the living room to ask him to sit on the potty and, what do you know, there he was - he had pulled his own undies and pants down, sat himself on the potty, and had gone without even a prompt! Yippee!
Thanks for listening/reading if you are - I am just so thrilled and not sure who to share my glee with since DH is at work!
That sounds awesome=)