Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #11
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Won't poop until i give him a diaper...

I have agonized over this for the past almost 2 yrs! We tried everything: refusing diapers (led to extreme constipation), rewards, new little potty (for the leverage factor), making him clean his own self after pooping in a diaper, talking to him till I was blue in the face, books, etc. What finally worked for us was something called positive toilet sitting.
I bought 2 things to help: a kitchen timer and some fiber gummies. I began 1.5 wk ago giving a fiber gummy every day. Then after every meal we'd go to the bathroom and sit on the potty for 1 min. I would set the timer and tell him when it went off, he could get up. We read books or played with a special toy while on the potty. After a minute, I'd tell him he did a great job, give him a high five and let him go do it the way he wanted to (diaper at bedtime). At week two, we increased to 2 min on the potty. By day 3 of week 2, the fiber was doing its job. He came running in when I was putting the baby down and said, "mama, my poop is coming out." I told him to go sit on his little potty and let it out. He did it!!! We cleaned up, high fived and got a super special treat that I had waiting for him. He pooped 2 more times that day and has not pooped in a diaper again.

Advertisement

SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #12
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was a tough cookie, but I found an awesome imaginest dinosaur at goodwill one day and brought it home and set it over the shelf in the bathroom so he could see it. I simply told him, this is your reward for going poop in the potty. It took 2 days, but by then he realized he wanted that toy badly enough and "click" he got it. Havent had a problem since.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well here I am over a month later... he is fully trained #1. Still no #2. Refusing the diapers led to severe constipation, and a bleeding anus when he finally did go. Not going that route again. He'll do it when he's ready. Twice a day we sit on the potty and play his potty game (leapster, which he doesn't fully understand). Ugh hopefully time will tell, we won't be stuck in this rut forever. We have til September (school).