Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Is it to late to wear my baby?

I was practicing a back carry today with our 4 year old daughter who was never carried until today. She loved it,I'm not sure how well my back will take it,but it can be done.

Sarah

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #12
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not too late at all. I started at 15 months w/dd. MTs are great! It might take you 4-5 tries to get used to it, then it's super-easy. Also you might need a few tries to get you dc used to it (depending on your child), so make it fun. As soon as they are in whatever carrier you choose, get moving, bouncing, dancing, spinning, show them things that are up high they couldn't see before.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #13
c2afwife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OKAY....now I am SOOO lost on what to buy! I am living in a VERY small area and NO ONE I know wears their baby. They all look at me like I'm crazy when they find out we cloth diaper! So anyways.....I can get some honest feedback from you ladies on what I should get? I already told you her age and all. I would like to be able to wear her on my side, front, and back!!! OH and is WELCOME!!!
c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
CufrM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2afwife
OKAY....now I am SOOO lost on what to buy! I am living in a VERY small area and NO ONE I know wears their baby. They all look at me like I'm crazy when they find out we cloth diaper! So anyways.....I can get some honest feedback from you ladies on what I should get? I already told you her age and all. I would like to be able to wear her on my side, front, and back!!! OH and is WELCOME!!!
I get the same looks! When Toby was first born, I would get stopped literally every 10 feet by someone asking "what I had in there?" He really started to enjoy back carries in a BH in the last month or so. I've got 3 wraps that I made, 2 mayas, a BHXT, a Snugli-killed my hips, and I'm ordering another BHXT in a couple of weeks. I found a lot of great info on thebabywearer.com-they've got a FSOT board too! Welcome to the world of babywearing!
CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #15
littleways
Registered Users

I would recommend a mei tai my dd is 6 months and is abotu 22 pounds and I find it really comfortable. My mom and I make them if yrou interested PM.

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #16
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

I'd do a mei tai or a ergo or papatum. They are all great carriers. My ds is 14 mos and loves to be carried in the mei tai or papatum (we don't have the ergo). Toddlers are great in back carries!

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #17
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd second the recommendation for a Mei Tai, Ergo, or Patapum. I LOVE our Ergo. One note on the Ergo, though, if you have a long torso, you may not find it comfortable for you. DH has this problem. I carried my almost 4 year old around in it for a while this past weekend, though. Very comfortable. And it's still comfortable to carry my almost 9 month old in it on my front.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #18
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I use a Mei Tai with my kids, I love the back carry. The lightest weighs about 22 lbs-she's 15 months and love being carried in it, lol.
I've carried my 3 year olds, too when the need arose, just not as much, they perfer their independence!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #19
c2afwife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay now I'm think more about a sling than a Mei Tai. I really don't want to have to tie it on me. I think maybe a sling would work good. But I still feel SO lost. I went on to thebabywearer.com.....but it almost makes it MORE overwhelming! KWIM???
c2afwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #20
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by navars2
Heck, I still wear my 35-36 lb almost 4 year old! Definately give it a shot! It may time some time for her to get used to it but it is well worth it.
I wear my 34 lbs 4.5yr old and my almost 30 pound porky 9 mth old. sometimes I will wear them both.

I have 3 main carriers a mai tei, I have a ring sling and a new native style sling. the ring sling is better for my older dd though she can still do the mai tei but after a while she says it hurts her legs. I really want to add a ergo and an ombo(sp?) to my stash.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote