Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:
Any Mama's live in Idaho?

I looked up the breastfeeding laws for Idaho and all I can find is that you can maybe get out of jury duty. We are moving to Idaho shortly after the first of the year and now I am stressing a little because I don't know if I can get in trouble if I nurse in public. This is baby #3 but the other 2 where/are formula fed so this is a whole new thing I am trying to figure out!

Advertisement

ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any Mama's live in Idaho?

I have a friend who lives in Idaho, and it is one of the states that doesn't explicitly protect a woman's right to breastfeed in public.

However, my friend is breastfeeding her almost three-year-old and has never had a problem that she has mentioned. And the International Babywearing Conference was held there earlier this year, and I'm sure there was plenty of breastfeeding going on there, and no incidents were reported that I heard of.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check out either my thread complaining about my laws or the one asking about the airport. Both have a link directly to all the BF'ing laws by state. My state stinks too. I guess I'm realizing, it's better than some though.

BTW - I've EBF'd 5 kids here and never had any say anything to me at all in public. So, try not to worry. Plus, even if it isn't protected, I think the most they can do is ask you to leave or go to another room. Total bummer, but I don't think you can "get in trouble" for it.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 11-17-2010 at 09:36 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live in Idaho and am BFing my second child. I NIP ALL the time and have NEVER had an issue. I do get the typical stares and possibly some comments behind my back (we don't use a cover casue it causes more issues then I can deal with) but have never had anyone say anything to my face. Where in Idaho are you moving?? And WELCOME!!!!
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
redneckmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did all the time there too. Around the ID/WY border and never had a problem.

I would just bf when you need to and things will be fine.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaclaire View Post
I live in Idaho and am BFing my second child. I NIP ALL the time and have NEVER had an issue. I do get the typical stares and possibly some comments behind my back (we don't use a cover casue it causes more issues then I can deal with) but have never had anyone say anything to my face. Where in Idaho are you moving?? And WELCOME!!!!
The Boise area. I have bf at home and twice in the car while out but I am to chicken to nip yet. I have to use a nipple shield every time and trying to juggle that and baby and people staring and oh wow it just intimidates me. But I need to be able to nip sometimes and I need to start because I have just been bringing formula with me

I really need to practice nursing in our sleepywrap but it just seems way to complicated
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We live in Nampa!!! So totally welcome! You'll notice that people here are more likely to avoid eye contact Most people are pretty nice and welcoming and like I said I have never had a problem. Just pick a place to start that isn't too public if you need to. I tend to find a secluded corner or a booth at a restaurant but I'm not too shy (it's more my husband is shy!). If you need anything at all feel free to PM (like DR recs or places to eat or whatever!) lived here my whole life
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I live in Idaho (Boise area) and have breastfed in public many times. Nobody has ever given me any trouble, and a lot of people have given me smiles. People are generally pretty easygoing and accepting here.

I was wondering about jury duty and breastfeeding. I haven't been called to jury duty since living here for the past five years, but if they call me in, I am going to make a fuss. Either they're going to have to have a 13-seat jury (or 12 with one lap sitter ), or they'll have to choose someone else.
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote