Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 AM   #1
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy OMG we have been up w/dd ALL NIGHT LONG!

I am so tired. We have been up all night w/dd. We put her to bed at 7pm. At 8pm she started whining off and on quite loudly for the next 5 hours or so. Then at 2:30is maybe 3:30 ish (I"m off on my time because of the time change) I went in to check on her bc she was whining non stop. She had a 102.5 temp. We got her up, gave her water, changed her, put her in cooler clothes and let her walk around and cool off a bit. An hour later fever finally started to go down. We laid her down, she screamed for 12min then went to sleep. Less than an hour later she's back awake screaming. It's like it wouldn't stop. I almost went to my car to sleep. When we had her up earlier she didn't seem sick. She was running and laughing and playing. DH has just now decided to take her to the ER and of course she's sleeping in the car. She's 14m old and I don't know what the heck the prob. is. I'm worried there is nothing wrong w/her and we are going to have to endure endless screaming forever. I want her to be well but at least if she's ill I'll understand why she's screaming like she is. When we get her up she starts to laugh and wants to play. That's why I think nothing is wrong w/her. She will scream in her crib for hours. I don't know what to do. I'm tired and worried about her. DH wants me to sleep while he takes her to the ER but it's hard because I'm worried. All I've done for the past 20min since he left is eat Girl Scout Cookies. I'm tired and concernd and there is a big part of me that things dd is playing us like a fiddle.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
momto2boysinOnt
Registered Users
seller

Re: OMG we have been up w/dd ALL NIGHT LONG!

I've been there. It's terribly hard when your baby cries and you don't know if there's anything wrong. Glad to hear that DH is taking her to ER. At least then you'll know if she has an ear infection or something. DS's symptoms tend to come and go with EI's, which makes it so hard to tell if there really is something wrong.

Try to get some sleep. You have no idea when you might have a chance to sleep again. I know it's hard when you're worried, but DD is with DH, so she is in good care.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #3
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH just called and they think it could be a UTI. Poor baby.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:32 AM   #4
momto2boysinOnt
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesteach View Post
DH just called and they think it could be a UTI. Poor baby.
Yeah, poor baby. But, at least you know she wasn't just being difficult. Take care of yourself so you can take care of her.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well turns out she doesn't have a UTI but did have a fever. I hope that's why she was crying and it's not going to be regular event for her to cry all night. I'm pretty discouraged and exhausted. I'm glad she's not sick but taking her to the ER didn't answer any questions. I feel like we are back where we started 4 hrs ago when DH took her in.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your miserable night. We too have been there with ds, but honestly, each time he's had an ear infection. He would be almost perfectly normal (but warm from fever) when he was in an upright position, then when he was in a vertical position, AT ALL, he was miserable. Still keep an eye out for an ei if she's still a little funky. They always seemed to strike at night too.

Any chance she could be getting any new teeth? That sets ds off too..

hmmm.. trying to brainstorm here... keep us updated and hopefully you're getting some rest!
Old 03-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #7
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was up with DD all night too starting at 2:30. . . She had a nosebleed then didn't want to go back to sleep. First she was scared then she needed her baby doll then she. . . And DH stayed asleep the whole time. Until she finally went to sleep. Then he wanted to "cuddle" . . . so I woke up with a crick in my neck from his arm. *sigh* At least DD slept until 10 after being up all night instead of waking up at her usual 7 or 8. . . But I def know where you are. It is never easy when your DC is crying or screaming and you never know if something is really wrong or not and they are too young to understand that they should only cry if something is wrong/hurting/scaring them(I tried to explain that to DD last night and she laughed at me and she is 2 1/2.), so you are just on edge whenever you hear them cry. . . But at least you know there was a reason and it shouldn't happen every night. . . I am glad she is ok and at least she doesn't have a UTI.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

to you both
i hope you can go to sleep now though
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
WestCoastBuckeye
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These nights are never easy. I feel your pain. My 9 month old has not been sick at all until the beginning of Feb. Since then we have had-upper resp. crap, flu, ear infections, hospitalization (dehydration) and now the booger has diareand vomitting.
I really feel your pain-these endless nights suck!!!

Heather , to Ryan (9-2-000) my hero is home-praying for recovery, and mom to Garrett (11-29-02) & Alex (5-29-06)
WestCoastBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote