Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
alia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What size/part of Kam snaps?

Aaah. Now I understand. I didn't read carefully enough.

Yeah, you should be able to just buy studs, as PP is showing. To be sure, you can post a pic of the front of your dipes, and we can confirm...if your dipes came with snaps, it's most likely that you have sockets across the front, but if a private individual did it, there is a small chance you have studs across the front. (I did one or two of my conversions that way to balance out the number of parts I was using so I could get more conversions out of one complete set of snaps.)

If I remember right, it's about $3.10 for one set of 100 single parts...plus shipping. If you don't care about matching colors, I can pull that many out for you from my stash...don't know if regular postage from me would be a tiny bit cheaper than kamsnaps postage, but just wanted to make that offer to you.

Advertisement

Other Houston Babywearers groups meet all over town, too.
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
WAIT - you already have snap diapers and you just want to cover up the snaps not in use so Dad and daycare know where to snap closed the diaper comfortably (with out having to think about it)

Like this

The green snaps are JUST the stud part of the snap - and NO you do not need pliers ....just buy the stud part of the snap and it will snap onto the socket part without a cap to cover up the socket.
ETA they should all be size 20

Oh- I didn't realize the stud will snap into a socket without the cap! That would be your best option- just buy the studs but make sure all the snaps you want to cover are sockets otherwise you'll need studs too but no caps
Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastiefam415 View Post
Oh- I didn't realize the stud will snap into a socket without the cap! That would be your best option- just buy the studs but make sure all the snaps you want to cover are sockets otherwise you'll need studs too but no caps
Yep - the only thing the cap does it secure it to fabric..the important parts are the studs and sockets

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bumping for the most wonderful idea EVER.
My vecro diapers were falling apart, but I didn't dare send snap diapers to daycare. This was the perfect solution. I found some snap studs on FSOT and sent all my dummy proofed snap Alvas and BG 4.0 to daycare.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote