Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

The worst mama

ever right now, or I sure feel like it.

Dd was incredibly cranky and overtired so I put her down for her nap about 10 minutes early. I put her down in a PULL UP. I heard her making noise and crying for a minute (I don't let her cio but sometimes she will fight sleep for under 5 minutes and I am alright with that - never awful screams just toddler wanting to go play and not sleep).

She stopped so I continued cleaning and such. A friend stopped by to pick up her wet vacuum (our kids lovingly poured out 1.5 liters of water while I unclogged a huge toddler poop from the toilet and she nursed her 6 wk old on the couch) and wipe container she left here the other day. I had to go in dd's room to get the container.

I went in the room and dd was fast asleep in UNDERWEAR. It smelled a bit in her room and I checked her laundry basket..yep, she pooped in the pull up and changed herself..she then peed in the underwear and there was a wet spot right in front of the door.

The whining I heard must of been her having to go to the washroom and I didn't let her out

Advertisement

moonlightblonde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
dgrandmother
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The worst mama

you're not a bad mom - I think it's great she changed herself and put on her underwear.
dgrandmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*hugs*

You're not a bad mom - a bad mom doesn't feel bad when stuff like this happens - they complain about cleaning up the mess.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
3sweetboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It happens to us all. I have a 5 minute rule too but my LO screams like he's being beat for 5 minutes. I hate it, but when he sees that I'm not giving in, he just lays down. A few days ago, I went to try to get him down after the 5 minutes of crying and he had busted his lip! He had blood all over him! I felt like the absolute worst mother in the world, but he still went right to sleep after I washed it and gave him a big kiss.
3sweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
the_oz_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacasey1981 View Post
*hugs*

You're not a bad mom - a bad mom doesn't feel bad when stuff like this happens - they complain about cleaning up the mess.
Yeah, that. Sometimes you just can't tell one cry from another and guess wrong. No one got hurt except for some feelings. Thankfully she'll not likely remember this, lol.
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Thanks guys, that made me feel better.

Thankfully by some miracle there was very little mess..she neatly took off the pull up to put it in her laundry basket since it was dirty. Though she was not happy with me when I took her wet underwear off so I could wipe the poop off her butt a little better and give her a clean pair.

Time to find some trainers that aren't like diapers. I have a pair of superundies but even those are too close for her.
moonlightblonde is online now   Reply With Quote