Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Time for a Potty?

Hi! My ds will be 18 months old this week. Lately when he's been given the opportunity to run around naked, he will intentionally squat down, look at his boy parts then pee. He's just started saying "pee pee" and "poo poo" out of the blue over the last few days, so when he does his squatty pee, he'll actually say "pee pee!" I'm not sure if this means I should go ahead and get him a potty or if he's just learning how his body works. I've started asking him if he's got a peepee or poopy diaper - he'll often say, "yeah." Is it time to start working on it?

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
emberandana
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Time for a Potty?

YES! My daughter began doing the same thing around 15 months and we invested in a cute little wooden potty which she is steadily learning to use. Isn't the communication great! i just love it when she turns to me, grabs at her little butt and says "poo-poo", we have great fun celebrating each little poo-in-the-potty, still having a little trouble with the whole pee-in-the-potty thing though...
emberandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! It sounds like your daughter is doing great! It really is amazing to watch little ones learn and make connections. I still haven't gotten a potty yet (think holiday madness), but I might see if I can find a wooden one - that sounds nice! Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
febc
Registered Users
seller

my son did the same, communicating AFTER he went...tried the potty out, but he is still not too keen on it at 2 yrs old. guess it depends on each child.
febc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
MooKieS_MoM
Registered Users
Formerly: red**hc**ck
seller

I would get him a potty even let him pick it out...make a big deal about it...and see what happens. If he will sit there on it and you can entertain him it might be time! When he goes again make a big deal about it and he may keep going. If you find you are doing this: he is not ready...and you should stop and wait a while and try again. We tried 3 times with my DS before he "got it." HTH

Mommy to 3 cuties (4,2,1)
MooKieS_MoM is offline   Reply With Quote