Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Users
Here we go again...

Hey Western Canada!

We live in Vancouver, B.C. We cloth diapered our son (born Nov 2009) until he was potty trained at just over 2, put all the diapers away in storage for 1.5 years, and now I'm 10 weeks pregnant with #2! It feels so weird to be thinking about diapers again, you forget about them so fast once your kid doesn't need them anymore.

We're trying to decide how to approach cloth diapering this time. With our son, we did the diaper service for 6 months and then after that we used our own diapers, which were a combination of pockets, all-in-ones, prefolds, etc. I may have gotten a little enthusiastic about cloth diapers.... heh...

We don't have in-suite laundry anymore so we are thinking we will pay up front for a year of the diaper service this time, then who knows from there. I am eager to crack open the storage unit to get a look at all my long forgotten cloth diapers. *drools*

I guess I have a few questions:

1. What have I missed in the last 2+ years in the world of cloth diapering?
2. Where can I get a good deal on new or gently used diaper covers (velcro)? I especially love Bummis.
3. Any tips on how to strip my old diapers and get them ready for reselling?

babycostadalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Registered Users
There are lots of Facebook groups for Canadians to buy sell or trade used diapers.

I'd strip everything in rlr or washing soda and 1/4 cup bleach and then rinse rinse rinse rinse. Lol
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote