Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
KLewis28
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ugh...at my wits end!

You know those parents whose children don't want to stop going in their diaper. The children for the most part know when they went, and they tell their parents, but they also don't really care to sit in it? I ENVY those parents right about now ! My daughter is 21 months old and for the most part does great with her potty training......as long as she knows she is getting a treat. If there is no treat involved or I can't get up because I am putting another child down (I babysit) she will just go in her panties, tell me she has gone, and pull it off (even if it is poop and goes every where!). She cannot stand to have pee and poop on her. She will throw a fit if she has to stay in it (like if we are in the car). She will scream "I pee, I pee" until we get to where we are going and I can change her. We are to the point to where I know she knows what is going on, she knows when it is coming, she is just being difficult. She knows she can just go in her pants and get changed. Going back to diapers is not really an option because she just takes them off. Basically, I feel since there are no repercutions for going in her pants she does when she doesn't feel like going to the potty. I have tried the 3 day potty training too and that just got her stuck on thinking she deserves a treat after every time. I have no clue what to do at this point. Some days are awesome with 0-1 accidents, but then there are days she just decides she's just going to go in her pants. UGH!!

Advertisement

KLewis28 is offline   Reply With Quote