Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
jgm281207
Registered Users

*Experienced sellers*

Just wondering if there were hints for selling/shipping from Canada. I know Canada post doesn't really have a lot of options. When you are selling what do you normally charge for shipping?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Advertisement

jgm281207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Rainshine Designs
formerly "meganbathgate"
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: *Experienced sellers*

If you're selling something to the US that's less than 100g and can be squished down to less than 2cm thick (like a pocket diaper) you can send it light packet mail which is only $2.54. The same pkg sent within Canada up to 200g can go lettermail for $2.10

Small packet surface is pretty much as fast as small packet air to the US. Both carry up to $100 insurance.

If you have to ship Expedited parcel to the US or Canada, is cheaper to do it through Paypal (usually saves a couple of $s)

Hope that helps!

Enter code DSMAMA at checkout to receive 5% off your order.
Rainshine Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
giggles0401
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP thanks for posting this question, I have been wondering how us Canadian mamas can afford to ship to the states or even with in canada as it seems way to expensive. Like a small package I just mailed this week cost me almost $25 ouch.

Second poster. We can use paypal for shipping? How does that work?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

great question! i've been wondering the same things. last time i sold something was almost a year ago and i ended up paying over $11 to ship something that i had sold for $10ppd. i've been a little scared ever since then...imagine that...but i have a tonne of stuff that we are not using and i really should just get rid of.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
formunkyfrommommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

one thin pocket diaper can go to the states or canada for the oversized lettermail like pp said anything else bigger but under 2.2 lbs (i think that is the limit) is $5-7.50 for states depending on which state and $8-10 to canada depending on the province and it gets considerable more expensive over the 2.2 weight limit
Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Pixiedust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about the Delivery Confirmation? I know that you get it if you ship through paypal, although I'm still confused about how shipping through pp works, but what about the oversized letter mail? What DC do you provide for the buyer?

Also, for the oversize letter mail do you just go to the post office and have them weigh the package and then buy the correct amount in stamps? Or is there another way??

Sorry for so many questions I just don't want to mess this up once I'm finally approved to sell!
Pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote