Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
mama2winnie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what does bump mean? and a few other questions...

I'm a definite newbie to all the symbols and abbreviations etc so I'm reading through the various info sections on DS so I can learn how to use the forums etc but am still not understanding a few things in the marketplace:

Several times I see a post following the original with the items for sale that just says "bump" what does that mean?

Also if you would like to buy something we should PM that person or hit the reply option in the thread?

Last question, is there another way to learn if something is sold or do we need to just ask the seller directly if its not clear in the threads?

Looking forward to seeing the light on the above!

Advertisement

mama2winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
masja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what does bump mean? and a few other questions...

Bump just means that the original poster is bumping the thread up so it appears at the top of the page in the forum, as most people don't search past the first few pages of a thread

And yes, best way to find out if something's sold is to pm the mama. And same if you'd like to buy something, as some don't check the replies in the thread

Welcome!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:

Every time that someone posts a reply to your thread, the thread makes it back up to the top, so, if your thread is going a few pages back, it is beneficial to post a reply yourself so that it will come back up to the front so that people see it again. People just write "bump" in order to do this.

You can do either one, reply to the thread or pm BUT, when you reply to a thread, there is no notification given to that person... as, we are responsible for checking back on our threads to see if anyone has responded, just like you will have to do on this thread (ps... if you don't know how to do this, just click on your name above where you would click to check your messages and then click on "statistics", then choose either to see what you have posted on or posts that you have created yourself)... therefore, it is easier just to pm the person selling the item.

And, it is always your best bet to ask the person if they still have the item... some people have a tendency to leave up old threads and not change the wording for people to know the item is gone. You can always just email someone and ask if the item is still available and if it is you're interested in buying it or tell them you want it and ask for the way to give them the funds

If you have any more questions... don't be a stranger, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see if you have any more and feel free to just email me as well!

Welcome to DS! And, be sure to check people's feedback
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
mama2winnie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you both!

Its so helpful to have this section where you can ask ?s directly. This is an incredible site.

Will keep browsing ds and its good to know I can come back with more questions!
mama2winnie is offline   Reply With Quote