Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
applebutter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you have an HE top loader? Come on in!

Thought it might be nice to start a thread of washing tips and problem solvers. Seems like most mamas have traditional TLers or FLers.

I just bought one today (yay Black Friday at Sears! LOL). Won't have it for another week, but want to get prepared. It's the Kenmore Elite (http://www.kenmore.com/shc/s/p_10154...3&blockType=L3).

So bring on the advice and horror stories, too.

Advertisement

ISO:
DD Granny Smith, Caramel Apple, MM Circe, SBish interlock longies w/11"+ inseam
applebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you have an HE top loader? Come on in!

I have a Magtag Bravos. I'm still working on the perfect load of diapers. It's really super cool that I can add water to the load though
Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
applebutter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenM View Post
I have a Magtag Bravos. I'm still working on the perfect load of diapers. It's really super cool that I can add water to the load though
Do you just lift the lid and dump it in? Do you have to do that for each cycle: pre-rinse, wash, and both rinses?

ISO:
Old 11-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebutter View Post
Do you just lift the lid and dump it in? Do you have to do that for each cycle: pre-rinse, wash, and both rinses?
I also have the Maytag Bravos and I just pause it during the "wash" cycle and then put in some extra water.......I don't do this all the time though, just whenever the mood strikes me. I guess if you wanted to add for the rinses then you would need to stop it then too. Mine has a "bulky" selection which I use to try and get the most water. I've been using it for 4 months now (had an old TL before) and so far, so good, knock on wood.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Lilypad
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebutter View Post
Thought it might be nice to start a thread of washing tips and problem solvers. Seems like most mamas have traditional TLers or FLers.

I just bought one today (yay Black Friday at Sears! LOL). Won't have it for another week, but want to get prepared. It's the Kenmore Elite (http://www.kenmore.com/shc/s/p_10154...3&blockType=L3).

So bring on the advice and horror stories, too.
OMgosh, we *almost* just bought that one today!! LOL We went with the Whirlpool instead, but really it was a complete toss up between the two. But we have a 2 week wait until delivery... anxiously waiting! Then I can join in on this thread!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
SFOducky
Registered Users
seller

Just got one last week.. the Kenmore 2130..it's an HE low water washer.. I've only washed two loads of diapers so far.. seems to work okay.. i haven't had it long enough to judge but it does really well on regular clothing, takes FOREVER to do one load.. I hate that all the rinse cycles are cold.. you can't reset it mid-cycle to use hot and the one time i added water it drained it all to the previous level
SFOducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
buggylovemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We bought a GE HE toploader at Sears a few months back, and we love it!! More than our FL actually. I can pause mine too, to let diapers soak.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a GE HE TL and I do love it.. it's nice because I can use the low level water for my clothes but then for CD's I just stand and hold the button and it continues to fill with water until I let the button go. But as PP said, it only has cold rinses which stinks. I thought that I had found only one cycle, a prewash cycle, that had a soak.. but then just yesterday I started using my washer as my wet pail. I figured out that I can turn the washer off mid cycle so I just let it fill to the HE low water level and then throw my diapers in throughout the day. The next morning I just turn it back on and have to stand to hold the button to fill it all the way (because the washer senses that it's already filled to the HE level) and then it starts the cycle over again.
L♥VING MY WAHM PRODUCTS I FOUND HERE ON DIAPERSWAPPERS!! Homemade natural bath/skin products & candles from Alexanders Additions http://www.alexandersadditions.com/ and MAMA CLOTH great prices, amazing well made pads and she does custom work too visit The Silver Liner here.. http://hyenacart.com/stores/TheSilverLiner/
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
applebutter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are good tips!

ISO:
Old 11-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
goosebeanmissy
Registered Users

I have the Bravos and have issues with not enough water in the rinse, I think. I also use the bulky setting but I've had problems with a few EBF poop diapers not getting clean. Not just stains but still smelling like poop. I usually do a cold wash then a hot wash, then another rinse. Sometimes I even have to do another whole cold or warm cycle just to get the smell out. I use Country Save. I'm still playing around with the routine. I also seem to have issues with our regular clothes that I'm not sure if it is the washer or the dryer. All of our knit stuff, mainly cuffs but also pjs, are losing their shape and getting really stretched out. Like, they are fine when you put them on, but as you wear them, they relax and get baggy. Kind of annoying.
goosebeanmissy is offline   Reply With Quote