Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Angry I am so emotional/stresssed/hormonal

I am 22+ weeks pregnant and my hormones are going crazy. I knew it was coming so and actually warned dh last week that the hormonal part was coming. This is my 3rd pregnancy so I pretty much knew when everything is going to happen with my body. Anyhow, I just can't shake this emotional/stressed feeling and it just keeps building up. Anyone feel this way? I have OCD so sometimes I feel like I am the only one this way. So here's a brief rundown of events, nothing drastic just built up. My ds is 11 and he is SO LAZY expcept when it's something he wants to do. His school grades were slacking so we took away ALL privledges and stripped his room of electronics. He has been outside more which is great but still forgetting his homework at school (DUH) and I still have to hound him to do chores. I ask him to do something and with in 3 seconds he forgets. My dd is 3 1/2 and has always been "difficult" so her personality is driving me bonkers. All she does is whine, argue and scream. It's a constant battle. My dh is showing me no affection and doesn't even bother to think before he speaks (ex. I said "shh, I'm being as quiet as a mouse" and he replies "your not as small as a mouse"). The only time he want "it" is in the middle of the night. It makes me feel like he's dreaming about someone else and since I'm there, why not. So basically I feel like my sole purpose is to do laundry, clean the house and cook the meals. Other than that no one wants to "deal" with me. So I am crying ont he phone to hubby and what does he say "all I expect is a clean house, dinner ont eh table and my laundry put away". After I hung upt he phone I was more upset then when I called him. DARN HORMONES!!

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so emotional/stresssed/hormonal

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time! ((((HUGS)))) to you.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
tjcjlc99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i can relate to an extent. am 18wks and hormonal too. dh told me yesterday that all i do is complain about how bad i feel. im sorry, i am at home all day w/ a 3yo and a 21mo. need to vent to someone. men just dont get it. we cant help it.
lots of hugs
tjcjlc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
Carrie
Registered Users

If Dh said that to me I would blame hormones for being pissed! (((hugs)))!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry you are having a hard time. Hormones can for sure do that, but sounds like you need to have a heart-to-heart about what is bothering you with DH. My husband and I were at a falling out and we finally told each other how we were feeling and confronted the situation and now we are back to normal.

My 3 1/2 year old screams about everything, is evil, doen't do anything I ask, is bratty, and fights about everything!! Know where you are coming from there!! When we were on the old board, one of the gals said her daughter was 3 or 4 and she had a mean streak and she took her to the therapist and they told her to spend positive focused time with her daughter every day. That has helped some with us. Or instead of nagging about something that I want her to do, I'll make it a game or make it a positive thing. I don't do this if she does something wrong though. I have to make myself follow through with her, because this is my downfall. It is so much work to make her do something and easier just to do it myself.

Hope that you have a better day soon.

One of your stressors might be having to make all of our testors for us That I'm sure is a ton of work! Thanks so much we all appreciate it!

HUGS
Alison
Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat
Hope that you have a better day soon.

One of your stressors might be having to make all of our testors for us That I'm sure is a ton of work! Thanks so much we all appreciate it!

HUGS
Alison
Actually the sewing is what de-stresses me. Thankfully dd still takes 2-3 hour naps so I go into my sewing room and create away. I ususally come out refreshed and energized. Hum, maybe that is why I was so blah yesterday. I had a headache and couldn't sew (I have bright lights int here), maybe that is my ME time I was missing. Thanks for mentioning that, I may have found my link. My mom is taking BOTH kids for the weekend to their cottage so dh and I can have some US time. I can't wait!!

Thanks to everyone for understanding and your kind words. It feels wonderful to know I am not alone.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cool! Sounds like you'll be having an awesome and relaxing time this weekend!!
Alison
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #8
raversangel
Banned

i know what you mean mama...i'm SUPER emotional and i'm only 6.3wks!! me and dh had a HUGE discussion last night for 3hrs b/c i was sooooo pissed...i've never had the emotional part of pregnancy before, its making up for it now!! my fuse is so short i might as well not have one, and my ds is teething (four teeth at once) and won't let me put him down, and my 4.5yo is getting into everything...i finally had to lock myself into the bathroom and take a shower so i could calm down....so trust me mama, i'm right there with ya!
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh gosh! Big (((Hugs))). I'll tell you what though...if my DH said anything like what you said yours said...I would be livid. Those were just plain rude remarks! Totally disrespectful.

I am 8 weeks and sick and tired all the time. I have an 17 month and 3.5 year old. It's tough. It really seems more than I can handle by myself. My patience is pretty thin and my house is a mess. I'm crying at every sad and happy story. This is a hard thing on us...we need a lot of support...especially from our spouses. It really sounds like your family needs to sit down and have a big talk...maybe a few of them to keep the message fresh. My ODD is at the 3's right now.....it's enough to drive me insane. But my Dh just keeps sitting down and talking to her about how I need her to be good because mommy is sick and tired.

((((HUGE HUGS)))))

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote