Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers WIP 11/30

I got this yesterday, it's not telling me what it wants to grow up to be. DH told me that it would look good on Easton. It's not super soft though, Peruvian wool...but I couldn't resist the colors. I was thinking Tickle Hat?

Advertisement

Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
kareybear
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
I got this yesterday, it's not telling me what it wants to grow up to be. DH told me that it would look good on Easton. It's not super soft though, Peruvian wool...but I couldn't resist the colors. I was thinking Tickle Hat?
If it not super soft... a little scratchy what I good tickle hat
Beautiful colors
Am I the only itching to buy as many wool you can this month even though you already have enough.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #13
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
<-- never tired of seeing longies
Me too! Mine are boring and taking forever. I finally have the gusset done and I'm ready to move on to the legs. I can't to get yarn for a custom Fiona Romper in the mail.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I need advice ladies (and Tim! ).
DH's brother's friend bought our old car from us, gave us $400 to start and we kept the title till he gives us the $300 that he owes. It has been 3 weeks since he paid, we were lenient because he has to fix some stuff on the car. And now I have a note sitting in front of me that says I need $90 to keep my water on today, I called them to see if they could wait till tomorrow or friday because I really don't want to pay an extra $30 reconnect fee, I already have to pay the $25 door tag fee. I don't understand how they can turn water off for a $65 bill. But alas, so my dilemma is that hubby doesn't think he should call and pester the young man who bought the car, I asked him to call and see if he could at least give us $100. He didn't and went to work this morning with the tone that "there was nothing he could do". I have no idea what I should do now, I think I should call this kid and ask him if he could pay at least some of what he owes us. WWYD?
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #15
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well, I need advice ladies (and Tim! ).
DH's brother's friend bought our old car from us, gave us $400 to start and we kept the title till he gives us the $300 that he owes. It has been 3 weeks since he paid, we were lenient because he has to fix some stuff on the car. And now I have a note sitting in front of me that says I need $90 to keep my water on today, I called them to see if they could wait till tomorrow or friday because I really don't want to pay an extra $30 reconnect fee, I already have to pay the $25 door tag fee. I don't understand how they can turn water off for a $65 bill. But alas, so my dilemma is that hubby doesn't think he should call and pester the young man who bought the car, I asked him to call and see if he could at least give us $100. He didn't and went to work this morning with the tone that "there was nothing he could do". I have no idea what I should do now, I think I should call this kid and ask him if he could pay at least some of what he owes us. WWYD?

What was the arrangement with the buyer? how long does he have to pay it back? If it's due, call to collect but be polite.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
morning, all!

Sorry to have been MIA but our modem quit. We're now waiting for our provider to mail out the free replacement. We're internet-less at home and I only work 2 days a week.

This also means no WIP or FO pics this week. Which is a bummer bec I finished the size 3T footies on BBR rose quartz and they totally rock so I wanted to show pics.

In other news, DH and BIL hunted this week and brought down two deer. We have been processing them and preparing to stock the freezer for the winter. It's been a big family project and quite the experience for the girls. As my eldest (4yo) said two nights ago after seeing the buck, "bye bye, Deer! See you later this week..... IN MY BELLY!" She doesn't seem put off by the concept of where meat comes from at all.
My kids have helped hunt and process animals. I actually had a friend when I was younger that had no idea that the meat in stores was animals. Seriously?! WTH were her parents telling her? LOL! My dad grew up on a ranch so he has always told my kids what they are eating. Cow, Chicken, Deer.

Funny story. Our dogs name is Snickers and we were having a discussion one night at the dinner table about what people eat in other countries. Monkeys, etc. DH tells them that all dogs in Africa are named Lucky. They asked why and he said because they are lucky to be alive (African joke, not true). We explained that if you were hungry enough you would eat a dog. They said not me! So DH told them that we were having Snickers for dinner and the kids told us "NO she's in her kennel outside, stop it." They know us too well. So I said "Hungry? Grab a Snickers!" DH and I thought it was funny!

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysieW003 View Post
Char have you purchased from me? I don't know people's DS names and I have mama's who buy from me on Envy and then contact me here and I feel like a real a$$ when I don't know they have bought something.
I do that too!! Im glad Im not the only one!! I can remember people by the DS name and when I see their real name I dont always recognize its the same person

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
A

Just knitted for a couple hours (first time today!) and got alot done, so I'm going to take a bath so hot it feels like lava and crunch my Sonic ice.....

OH! knitting list:

Finish these FMC (not for Cmas LOL)
Earflap hats for dd10, dd3 and MAYBE Ewan if I have time.
Regular hat for ds11.
I'd LOVE to do mittens for them, if I have time.
That is IT! Whatever else I do (doubt I'll have time!) will have to be after all that and for my kids.
HAHA!! I used to do that too!! Hot bath HUGE cup of ice and a book!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post

Got to go and sign the lease today, got our cable/internet/phone all ready to go on Wednesday , then the da$# car broke down on the way back into town. With only $200 left in our pocket til his next payday and now we gotta fix that too....
YAY about the lease BOO about the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Morning!

We are up bright and early here because DS has a fever and is getting stuffy. It was a wonderful night of squirminess, kicking, and a general lack of sleep.

I finished up the beanie I was working on, it's drying now and hopefully I can get some pictures when/if the sun comes out. Now I need to finish the other leg on DS's SBE longies, hopefully between today and tomorrow.

Oh, and a rooster has wandered onto our property and apparently decided to make our backyard his territory. I think he's really confused because he walks around yelling for long periods of time
I hope your DS feels better! I say shoot the rooster and make soup!

Quote:
Pretty!! Yeah, it wants to be a hat! I hope that things work out today and your water stays on!
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #18
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have some FO pictures! 0

I haven't been on in at least a week as DD had the stomach flu, blah. Now she's better so here are some pictures.

Scrappy boy longies

Scrappy tickle hat
Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #19
emerel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning all! No knitting for me yesterday, completely unmotivated . Today is a gross cold rainy day with really heavy rain expected later this afternoon. Yay.

emerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

migraine.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote